Need something sticky...

Currently reading:
Need something sticky...

EazyE16

I bought a Garmin sat nav. It comes with a window suction mount or a dash mount. I want to use the dash mount. It is basically a plastic disc which has a "permanent adhesive" under it which sticks to the dash. I used it but it didnt stick at all and its rubbish. So i need an alternative. Ive tried these double sided stick pads which worked for a while until i got in my car one day to find the sat nav had fallen off with the dash mount. Luckily the screen didnt crack and it seems to be working ok.
I thought about super glue but that will ruin the dash when i want to take the mount off to sell the car.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
I bought a Garmin sat nav. It comes with a window suction mount or a dash mount. I want to use the dash mount. It is basically a plastic disc which has a "permanent adhesive" under it which sticks to the dash. I used it but it didnt stick at all and its rubbish. So i need an alternative. Ive tried these double sided stick pads which worked for a while until i got in my car one day to find the sat nav had fallen off with the dash mount. Luckily the screen didnt crack and it seems to be working ok.
I thought about super glue but that will ruin the dash when i want to take the mount off to sell the car.

Any ideas?

Try chewing gum or super glue:devil:

make sure you clean the surface before applying the adhesive to the dash, otherwise it will stick to any (unseen) muck and not the dash

:yeahthat: As for where to get them, i'd say pretty much any decent office supplies place would be your best port of call. If you can find it, you could always try some cowgum (you know that wierd stuff they use to stick things to the fronts of magazines) I bet that would do a great job

Sticky velcro pads would be the way forward I reckon, easy to remove if needs be and pretty sturdy

:yeahthat:

Yay. Wilko's rocks (y)

Wilko's, Wilco or Wilkinson?

We got all 3 up in east Anglia :ROFLMAO: It gets a bit confusing when talking about them with people.

But Wilko car spares do rock, only £7.99 for a replacement front number plate after the Transit incident :p:eek:

WTF? in the north east all 3 are the same thing. :confused:

Since when?

There's Wilko/Fast fit (who can't fit exhausts for ****) Recon putting hand over back of the exhaust tells you 100% if there is a leak, ruined the 769cc Panda, now only has a top speed of 60-65MPH :eek: what :tosser:
Wilkinson who are a household company doing everything
and Wilco who are food I think

:p :confused:

Last edited:
There's Wilko/Fast fit (how can't fit exhausts for ****)
never heard of them

Wilkinson who are a household company doing everything
yeah thats the one.

and Wilco who are food I think
we dont have them in the NE either. in east anglia you have wilco direct, the car accessories supplier. they dont operate in the NE either, only yorkshire, lincolnshire, east midlands and east anglia. ,

Last edited:
Back