General Need some parts...

Currently reading:
General Need some parts...

katgoddess23

Hello. Newbie here. :wave:

We have a 1998 Seicento sporting in need of some new parts. Fiat are asking for silly money so I was wondering if anyone could recommend a breakers online or otherwise. We need rear suspension arms or bushes and live in SE London.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Just spoken to the OH. It's just the bushes we need as Fiat will only sell them with the whole suspension arm.

Is shop4parts.co.uk a good company? I've just found them mentioned on another thread?

S4P757.jpg

Rear Suspension Arm Bush

2 Per Side Required
Part Number: S4P757
Manufacturer: European

Listed Price: £15.11
Our Price: £7.56
You Save: £7.55 (50%)
Please note that All Prices Exclude VAT.

Are these them? I don't want to order the wrong things. OH is checking with garage as well. He doesn't have internet access at work. It's a similar problem to this thread.

Last edited:
Sorry to steal this thread :D

I recently took the rear suspensions arm out my last cinq ..

Does the bushes have a metal outer rim ??????? ( i am asking because last time i checked it just seems to be all rubber, might be wrong )

Got a press in the house ( a cheap one) , Might attemp to press them out , any word of advice :D ??

Back on topic, when u r removing the suspension arms .. beware when u r taking the brake pipe off.... really eally tricky to remove them with out the nut being chewed even with brake hose spanners. (so i just saw them off :p )

Apart from that is easy enought :D

Thanks
Ming

Yeah, there's a metal outer. Press is the best way, it's obvious which way they come out.

Why take the brake hose off? Try it like this: with the wheel on the ground and the centre popped out, undo the the hub nut, disconnect the brake cable at the actuator (drum) end. Take off the wheel, take off the drum. Undo the nylon clip on the trailing arm, remove the clip which holds the junction of the flexi and solid brake to the arm. Pop out the hub, undo the 2 hex and 2 allen bolts which hold the backplate to the arm and lift the whole assembly aside and support it so as not to strain the hose. Now, undo the bottom shock mount, counterholding the nut, and remove the bolts holding the arm on, replace the bushes, and reverse is the onverse of dissasembly (or something like that). I'll do a guide.........

Back