Technical Need Some Help!!!

Currently reading:
Technical Need Some Help!!!

LoveMyFiat

I have an 81 Fiat Bertone X1/9 and i need some advice/suggestions...

1. My brake lights - they aren't working and i need to know if it is just the bulbs (and if so are these special bulbs that i need to get ordered or will any bulb of same size blah blah work) or is it a fuse??

2. If it is a fuse, WHERE IS THE FUSE BOX?? lol

3.The lever to the tool trunk wont open it. the lever for the engine cover opens fine.. HELP i have to get this open.. is there another way to "break" into the tool trunk..

is there anyone in Georgia USA???

contact me either back on here or my email
[email protected]

Thanks a ton!!!:slayer:

I thought I replied to this yesterday but it must have gone astray...

The fusebox is as stated. On an 81 it should all be continental fuses (torpedo shaped) but it is getting close to the changeover when they started using plastic blade fuses which are a lot easier to get hold of...

Either way be prepared for one of the most horrendous wiring sights you are ever likely to see! I took the wiring out of my race car and weighed it at somewhere around 55kg (from memory) including the fusebox which itself isn't light...

The boot release cable is most likely snapped (a royal pain) but there is a backup cable in the engine bay (at the back, just above the crossmember on the gearbox side) but these tend to be flimsy so don't be surprised if that snaps on first use or has already done so.

The backup plan is messy unfortunately - you will need to cut a hole somewhere. I believe one of the popular locations is behind the number plate

Back