General Need Some Advice!!! :-(

Currently reading:
General Need Some Advice!!! :-(

Tidygirl

hey guys, sorry for not posting for a while, but i need some advice.....the little cinq has let us down and broke down yet again, the head gasket is thought to have gone for the 2nd time, it is my mums car and they are thinking about getting a new car anyway, but what should we do with the cinq? should we fix it for £300 and then sell it in a month or so for £600, or do u think it may be worth breaking it down for spares, i'm not sure what to do, so hoping i can have a little advice from my fellow fiat lovers, hope u r all well, thanks for reading, tidygirl

P.S. i've saving for a 1.6 punto sporting!

On that evidence I would say that as P is one of the latter reg's and 54,000 is low millage for that age of car then it may well be advisable to fix it then sell as you will get all your cash in one lump sum and make some into the bargin as breaking a car is time consuming and yes you could make more money but it will be in dribs 'n' drabs so never feels as much as you inevitabley spend it.

Aaron.

.........or just try & sell it as it is . There's enough people out there who want to fit 1242 engines , so your car would be a perfect buy for them
Any pics/condition etc ??
John

in sunny cornwall, we had a guy do it, he is a local mechnic and is usually quite good, we're gonna ring him tomoro and see what he says. how much do u think i'll get for just for it is now? thanks guys
pic is below sorry if its big not sure how to do that!

Attachments

• KIF_0333.JPG
    KIF_0333.JPG
    568.6 KB · Views: 29
get it fixed!!!, i know from experience as i live in devon, there are hardly any cinqs down there!!, with that year and milage and the fact that it looks clean you should sell it easy. dont split it for parts, keep the cinqs on the road!!!

where abouts in cornwall are you?

thanks for ur help guys, the interior hasn't any marks on it, the only thing that could put buyers of is that the put is faded! we bought this car for £4995 almost new, person before us had a bump up the back and had to replace the boot, so i believe that is why it has faded! also the wheels are a wee bit kerbed as mum is a crap parker!! looks like we might fix and sell, will most likely advertise on here, have got red key too! i live about 40 minutes away from plymouth near the eden project! need a fiat cruise down here!!! i really appreciate ur advice, thanks so much!

Back