General Need quick help

Currently reading:
General Need quick help

shan

so , like an idiot, i decided to change the spark leads and didnt even pay attention to the order..haha

i randomly plugged everything back in and the inevitible happens...it wont start...

i read the forums...and this is what i come up with....
pictures are attached...

is this right?

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    9.1 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC00001.jpg
    DSC00001.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 35
that is correct the rear coil cylinders 1 and 4 no mater witch way round on the coil they are and the front coil 2 and 3

why are you changing them were the originals faulty

and did you change them for fiat parts

I find fiat coils tend to eat crap after market silicone leads for breakfast they might say 10 more hp on the box but silicone leads are crap really

I would put the originals back on and see if it runs if not then you have disturbed something else

if the original leads are not faulty I would use them until they are

don't fix if it ain't broke

ps you should remove the coil cover completely from the car and chuck it in the bin as fiat issued a service news about that along time ago as they were causing coils to overheat it should not be there I have removed loads from old 55s and 60s

if your replacing leads because of a misfire this may also be the cause a failed coil

Last edited:
that is correct the rear coil cylinders 1 and 4 no mater witch way round on the coil they are and the front coil 2 and 3

why are you changing them were the originals faulty

and did you change them for fiat parts

I find fiat coils tend to eat crap after market silicone leads for breakfast they might say 10 more hp on the box but silicone leads are crap really

I would put the originals back on and see if it runs if not then you have disturbed something else

if the original leads are not faulty I would use them until they are

don't fix if it ain't broke

ps you should remove the coil cover completely from the car and chuck it in the bin as fiat issued a service news about that along time ago as they were causing coils to overheat it should not be there I have removed loads from old 55s and 60s

if your replacing leads because of a misfire this may also be the cause a failed coil

yeh..it ws missing in lower revs, a mechanic told me i shud get leads and plugs.....they r indeed silicon leads...hmmmm

and now i have got eveything in order...it wont start.....

I m pissed!!!

they are very easy to flood so try turning it over for at least 10 seconds before you give up

did you mean the leads on the car were silicone s h i t e

or the leads you bought to replace them

ether way I would get original fiat ones there the right length and good for 100k normally

also what plugs did you get they may have the wrong gap or might have been dropped before you put them in

the gap should be 35k and I think ngk bpr6es is correct but don't quote me on that

how did the misfiring begin was it sudden or did it build up over time

because if it was sudden it's more likely a failed coil because of the cover you have on still

Last edited:

guess what when i first bought my car car last year,i noticed that the coil cover was missing,so i went to the scrapyard ang bought one for a few quid as i thought excess engine heat/dust was detrimental to the coils-so i gues i will need to remove the coil cover and chuck it away!.

guess what when i first bought my car car last year,i noticed that the coil cover was missing,so i went to the scrapyard ang bought one for a few quid as i thought excess engine heat/dust was detrimental to the coils-so i gues i will need to remove the coil cover and chuck it away!.

yep

Back