960927_10151907947912868_1219849994_n.jpg

Introduction

This is my first car, as i'm only 17 its a 1.2!:eek:
But the best thing about this car was that i was lucky enough to get a full glass roof with an electric sun roof!:D

Few future mods (opinions?):
Exterior
-Lowered 45-60mm
-Black wing mirrors (maybe)
-Abarth spoiler in black
-Vinyl the back of the roof
-Punto sporting alloys (Gun metal grey)
-Abarth fog lights
-Debaged grill
-Window tints (slight smoked)

Interior
-Alpine head unit
-Alpine Type-R door speakers
-Alpine Type-R or Type-X Subwoofer with Alpine AMP
-Carbon Fiber the door window controls & center con

Please can you give me your opinions on mods, really not sure what to do.
Cheers:)
You've basically said all the subtle and usual mods people do haha, nice car nice to see one the same colour as mine since most orange ones are the sporting orange. Maybe get exhaust tip just to smarten it up but should look good when it's done :thumbup:

There are no known way to fit abarth fogs unless you replace the bumper.... However some Muppets on eBay are advertising the sporting fogs as abarth :nutter:

Sporting fogs = black bits inside
Elegencia = chrome inserts

Also been a new / young driver ensure that your insurance co allows you to modify some will some won't but most will want extra money from you, unless it's a practical modification like a towbar for example. Not disclosing mods can lead to cancellation of your policy and a no insurance conviction. And 6 points :-/

I'd start saving money for servicing / fuel / repairs :eek:

been a 07 has the Cambelt / waterpump been changed?

Last edited:
DRL's
My insurance company have allowed me to install them for free :)

Which is good - i like them :p

But yes - make sure insurance would be happy to allow such things

Ziggy

Safety related mods they are usually happy with I stiffened my rear suspension for towing ;)

I think round legal drls in the fog light blanks would look good if carefully fitted
https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto/88111-process-fitting-front-fogs-my-gp.html

For an idea

Halfords sell ring units http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...&productId=864541&categoryId=272448&langId=-1

Last edited:
I did wonder about the Abarth fogs, whether they'd fit or not.. But thanks for letting me know, been googling it for the last few days to see the fitting requirements for them, but couldn't seem to find a thing! And I've already replaced the cam belt, breaks, added a oil catch tank, new sparks, a few pipes and a new oil change!
Thanks for your help
-Matt

I was suppose to buy a 1.4 sporting in that orange but this colour is less common, which i love! But what type of exhaust tip would you recommend?
-Matt

I have seen a special one that fits the downward facing exhausts but I can't find them anywhere now and I need one for my gp too :(

Not sure seen it on eBay once and never seen it again anywhere, someone on here had one on so they do exist just hard to find

That's what RowingLad87 originally posted...

Here's the one mate:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300668783656?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Again, still quite pricey at about £40, but I must've went through at least four of the cheap chrome ones already, which came to more in total than the price of this one.

£85 for car mats! Some optional extras are ridiculously over-priced considering what you get. A bag of sand for SatNav, hundreds for alloy wheels. Porsche even charge for things they've taken out of your car.

Worth it in the end though. I'm just so glad mine's got Blue&Me - the hands-free phone kit is something I'd expect on an S-class but not a hatchback (even my dad's five-series doesn't have one!)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
That's what RowingLad87 originally posted...

Here's the one mate:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300668783656?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Again, still quite pricey at about £40, but I must've went through at least four of the cheap chrome ones already, which came to more in total than the price of this one.

£85 for car mats! Some optional extras are ridiculously over-priced considering what you get. A bag of sand for SatNav, hundreds for alloy wheels. Porsche even charge for things they've taken out of your car.

Worth it in the end though. I'm just so glad mine's got Blue&Me - the hands-free phone kit is something I'd expect on an S-class but not a hatchback (even my dad's five-series doesn't have one!)

I can vouch for this exhaust tip. A coat of car wax before it went on (about three months ago) and it's still looking brand new. Sounds and looks great too.

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1376851910.419681.jpg
ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1376851923.047826.jpg

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I am not sure if this is your cup of tea or not but I have one of these for sale was about to put it in the classifieds:

tip.jpg

Cost me £87.00 at the time, was only on the car about 6 months or so.

Regards
Stephen

Update on the car

Fitted a new Oil catch can into my GP today, to replace a split pipe which leaked a lot of oil all over the engine cover and other parts of the engine:bang:
Now its all connected up and ready for use (y)

Attachments

• oil.jpg
    oil.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 46
  • oil3.jpg
    oil3.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 43
Back