Need insurance.....mods + inner city

Currently reading:
Need insurance.....mods + inner city

i need an insurance companie thats cheap covers mods and will let me on my old mans policy anyone got any ideas?

i got quoted £1550 by direct line with the car standard but they will not cover mods on anyone under 25:bang:
im with the aa now at just over £1700 renewal price is £50 cheaper which has pissed me of:mad: and they dont give me any sort of ncd(n) does anyone no if aa cover mods?

Re: Quick Question thread

So tim you want cheap insurance through fronting? I pay £780 all mods declared on my Tjet my own policy 3 yrs ncb @ 20.

Iv only been driving 17months and dont have any ncd and live in london so fronting is the only way i can get insurance for under £4000. I payed £1700 with my dad and his 8years ncd with the aa and this year they wont £16850 so i would not call it cheap at all but alot cheaper then £4000

Last edited:
Re: Quick Question thread

still shouldnt be fronting tbh..... and if you do have a bump you might find they wont payout

how else are you going to build up your ncb :confused:

accept the payment and go on your own insurance.... should of been one of the things you look at before starting to drive :)

Iv only been driving 17months and dont have any ncd and live in london so fronting is the only way i can get insurance for under £4000. I payed £1700 with my dad and his 8years ncd with the aa and this year they wont £16850 so i would not call it cheap at all but alot cheaper then £4000

if you let darly live at your house i'll let you tell insurance you live here, deal?

yer i have no idea whats up with tim's insurance. i tried finding quotes cheapest was like over 2k with admiral.

im 19, 2 years driving, 0ncb, same car as tim, all mods declared, own policy, £1200.

yet i do exactly the same with tim but only with a year and half driving and living in tottenham and it doubles!

Hertfordshire is a lot posher than the 'inner city' London borough of Tottenham

I think i can work out why its different

Last edited:
Back