Need I get worried??.....cambelt

Currently reading:
Need I get worried??.....cambelt

J

jay

My 1.6 16v Bravo (1999 S reg) has just done 43000 miles and I planned on giving it a full blown service with January salary.

Problem is that I have noticed a nasty rattle from the engine (diesel style) when idling. Could this be the dreaded cam-belt. I really mdidnt wanna have this replaced till its 48K / June / MOT service. Should I just do it now and get it outta the way.

I'm really worried coz i have to drive to Liverpool on Christmas eve and I dont have warranty on the car to cover cam-belt failure.

Advise please. I was hoping it would be a case of low oil etc.

Re: Re: Need I get worried??.....cambelt

stupid as it sounds, I'll check that 2moz. There have been no leaks tho. I know this coz i park in a garage, and the car was serviced in July.

Re: Re: Re: Need I get worried??.....cambelt

Jay, where abouts in Liverpool you going?

I live 10 miles from there ;)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Need I get worried??.....cambelt

If it was your cambelt giving up it would have done so by now. Sounds like cold engine.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Need I get worried??.....cambelt

Yeah,

it's the Bravo cold-engine-rattle!

No worries.

Peter

Ian mate,
Family used to live in Aigburth, next to Gemma from Gimini (yes, Nil Points from Eurovision). Moved to Gateacre now, just 10 minutes off the end of the M62 (Woolton).

I normally live in London though. I will get quotes from some garages on Aigburth road (must be cheaper in Liverpool innit). Would be great to meet up. U gan give me a lift from the garage. lol