Technical need help with gear problem

Currently reading:
Technical need help with gear problem

paul08

right, i have a problem with not being able to select any gear at all,i have a L reg cinq 899cc ,i was driving up a road slowing down cos someone in front decides to go 10 mph in clear traffic so went from 4 to 3rd ,popped out so slowing down into second no luck then all went. no prior warnings like grinding or noises except when selecting 3rd was clunking going into but didnt worry me as wasnt bad, but it seems like its stuck in gear to may be 3rd.please help. cant afford a new gearbox or new car.:bang:

have you checked all of the gear linkage from the selector and gearbox, and is the clutch ingauging? check the cable if it doesnt ingauge

without sounding stupid how would i check the linkages,i dont have much experience but not affraid to get my hands dirty, and what do you mean in gauging

Last edited:
sometimes a single bolt will undo itself (happened on mine), so check if all bolts are on the gearbox (in the area where the cables connect to the gearbox)

right i ve found the problem now it is the support clip from the selector thing that goes into the gear box is missing which let it slip through the housing, pushed it through and could now select and drive car but now need the clip does anyone know what its called?
thanks so much rallycinq i wouldnt of noticed without you .

Last edited:
Back