Technical Need help with fascia + aftermarket radio

Currently reading:
Technical Need help with fascia + aftermarket radio

badnbusy

I have donated!
Hi everyone.

Right - i've decided to fit an aftermarket radio (Pioneer DEH-4700MPB). Its an MP3 cd player etc etc - standard size.

I've got the fascia with the hole and the little pocket thing underneath. However, I am unsure how the radio/fascia clip to each other, or how it would fit in the hole in the dash without being loose.

Here are some pics of the fascia/radio togerther. It looks ok from the front but the clips on each side of the back of the fascia seem to be too wide and the radio is not held in by anything...

Cheers

James

Attachments

• fascia1.gif
    fascia1.gif
    81.1 KB · Views: 46
  • fascia2.gif
    fascia2.gif
    32.1 KB · Views: 37
  • fascia3.gif
    fascia3.gif
    183.2 KB · Views: 28
Hi everyone.

Right - i've decided to fit an aftermarket radio (Pioneer DEH-4700MPB). Its an MP3 cd player etc etc - standard size.

I've got the fascia with the hole and the little pocket thing underneath. However, I am unsure how the radio/fascia clip to each other, or how it would fit in the hole in the dash without being loose.

Here are some pics of the fascia/radio togerther. It looks ok from the front but the clips on each side of the back of the fascia seem to be too wide and the radio is not held in by anything...

Cheers

James

there should have been a cage with the radio, put the facia on, then the cage, then press a bunch of those little tabs down, this will lock it in place, then sort the wiring out, plug it in, test it then slide the radio on to the cage and you will hear it lock, :D

So its the cage that locks into the fascia? How does the fascia lock into the dash?

Think i've got it! :D

Just waiting for my new radio to arrive then time to put it all in...

Does it look right?

Attachments

• fascia4.gif
    fascia4.gif
    141.6 KB · Views: 25
  • fascia5.gif
    fascia5.gif
    155.6 KB · Views: 34
  • fascia6.gif
    fascia6.gif
    159.8 KB · Views: 28
  • fascia7.gif
    fascia7.gif
    157.7 KB · Views: 17
  • fascia8.gif
    fascia8.gif
    138.4 KB · Views: 26
I would do - but the speakers in there seem pretty good to start with. I do have the following speakers which I took out my old car before I sold it:

JBL GTO6506CE (http://www.jbl.com/car/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=GTO6506CE/230&CheckProduct=Y)

and

Pioneer TS-E1376 (http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/25/131/201/TS-E1376/index.html)

I know these would sound better than the OEM ones in my Stilo - but I don't think the Pioneer ones would fit (but the JBL ones which are 6.5" should fit) - even so - would it be *that* much better than the OEM ones?

Is it difficult to replace the speakers (front and back) ? I don't wan't to spend hours and hours just to change a speaker. Its its straightforward though I may be tempted.

What do you think?

Also, whats the best wy to remove the factory fitted fasia (tape/radio player). I bought some removal tool (Autoleads PC5-83 - http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/sh...archMethodJJproductManufacturerZZproductJJ998) which fit in the 4 holes provided but they got about 3/4'th of the way in then cant push them in any further and cant seem to get the fascia to come loose and remove it. Aint got any coat hangers either (metal ones that is)...

Last edited:
My first Stilo had the uprated sound sytem and it was good. My JTD came with shoite speakers so I changed them within a week and yes, these sound much better than even the uprated speakers. Best of all it was pi$$ easy to do. Stick to 6 1/2" and its a flush fit.

The prongs you have for the fascia are most definately not long enough. You need really long ones (someone used welding rods) to get the arms to click in.

Thanks again bozzy.

So, I already have the JBL 6.5" ones. What next? How do I go about replacing the speakers that are already on there? Any step-by-step guide or instructions as looking at it the grill itself doesnt come out. If the door panel has to come out - how is it done and whats the best way?

James

Thanks again bozzy.

So, I already have the JBL 6.5" ones. What next? How do I go about replacing the speakers that are already on there? Any step-by-step guide or instructions as looking at it the grill itself doesnt come out. If the door panel has to come out - how is it done and whats the best way?

James

No probs, heres a link to some previous advice I gave some time ago. Basically I just undone the door cards (not taken off) and gained access to the speaker mounts from there. Follow the guide from there but any issues you know where I am. Its so much easier than it looks.

https://www.fiatforum.com/stilo-technical/71849-speaker-adpaters.html?highlight=pod

Basically I just undone the door cards (not taken off) and gained access to the speaker mounts

Man, I am such a noob. What are door cards and how do I remove them to gain access to the speakers?

James

Man, I am such a noob. What are door cards and how do I remove them to gain access to the speakers?

James

Ok, see where the speakers are at the bottom of the door card. (Just a stiff card that is attached to the framework of the door. There are a series of posidrive (phillips) screws along the bottom of the entire length of the door card. Then hidden behind plastic lugs (behind the door handle for one) are some torx screws. All these need undoing including the "A" panel where the tweeters are. That just levers off. Once the door card is relaxed you can gain enough entry to get to the plastic pods where the speaker sits.

I presume the door card is the inside of the door frame? Eg, where the controls are for the windows on the arm of the door and the door handle. The entire door panel?

I haven't dismantled anything in the car yet, so the actual inside of the door panel has not been taken off yet - is this what you are referring to?

This is a Stilo 1.6 16v 5 door by the way.

James

I presume the door card is the inside of the door frame? Eg, where the controls are for the windows on the arm of the door and the door handle. The entire door panel?

I haven't dismantled anything in the car yet, so the actual inside of the door panel has not been taken off yet - is this what you are referring to?

This is a Stilo 1.6 16v 5 door by the way.

James

Yep, thats the one. The door controls just lever straight out, same with puddle lights if you have them. Doesn't need to come completely off though.

Back