Technical Need help with 240mm Dual ventilated brake combinations.

Currently reading:
Technical Need help with 240mm Dual ventilated brake combinations.

dedradan92

Hi everyone!

Im going for a multijet caliper set up for the Cinq and i was wondering what discs I should use?
Can I use standard Fiat 500 multijet 240mm dual vented discs?
Or do I still have to use Uno turbo 240 DV discs with the 3mm spacer?
Or do I scrap the spacer and just use the Uno turbo dics without one?
I've love to do a write up in the how to guides about this.

Help is much appreciated!

Thanks, Daniel
PS I will be boring out the hub carriers as the bolts on a 500 are bigger diameter.

Hi everyone!

Im going for a multijet caliper set up for the Cinq and i was wondering what discs I should use?
Can I use standard Fiat 500 multijet 240mm dual vented discs?
Or do I still have to use Uno turbo 240 DV discs with the 3mm spacer?
Or do I scrap the spacer and just use the Uno turbo dics without one?
I've love to do a write up in the how to guides about this.

Help is much appreciated!

Thanks, Daniel
PS I will be boring out the hub carriers as the bolts on a 500 are bigger diameter.
Hi ,

If the pistons in the calipers you want to fit are bigger than current calipers the brake pedal will go further towards the floor before brakes work......or possibly the brake pedal will hit the floor before the brakes work.

Work out the surface area of both pistons in new caliper, add them together.
Divide that number by the surface area of the pistons in existing calipers.
The result is how much to multiply the current pedal travel to predict pedal travel if you modify brakes.

Find out how much extra your insurance will be before modifying your car, it could be a lot.

Good luck

Plus if you modify the hubs make 100% sure the bolts you use are compatable with the wheels you use- getting it wrong could be life threatening for people in the car and or anyone else on the road / pavement.

Hi Jackwhoo thanks for the info but its not exactly what I'm looking for. I'm looking for the correct disc to go with a Multijet Caliper and a Cinquecento/Seicento knuckle(upright).
This insures the caliper is in the neutral position while the pedal is depressed.
Thanks

Back