need help finding a connector

Currently reading:
need help finding a connector

was fitting my alarm and you have to push one of the cables into the multiblock as it had to go through the bulkhead. but when putting the cable through the grommit i went and snapped the little connector off! so i need a new one.

i dont know what theyre called, the block is a 12 pin block and the connectors and very small and square and you just push them into the back of the plastic block and they click in and lock in.

anyone got any ideas of where i can get one?

its a cobra alarm model 3193

ive seen the same style connector other places. autoleads use it in the interface boxes of theyre stalk adapter kits. just looking see if i can get a pic of the connector style to give you an idea of what i mean.

yer thats the alarm vtec. the wire i need a connector for isnt in that pic bit the pin is one that pushes into the back of that white multipin block on the end of the wiring loom. ill go take a photo now of the actual block as that isnt clear

EDIT here you go
connector_001.jpg

thats the connector

connector_002.jpg

and thats where my pins got to go in!

any ideas?

Last edited:
maybe if the alarm has any optional functions that you arent using you can just switch the pin from another hole into it., like window module output or anything like that.,

i cant remove the pins though. they lock into place and aparently you need a special tool to remove them.

my dad used to work on photocopiers and used to have bags of them. unfortunatly he doesnt have them no more! :(

if you get a screwdriver and force one of them out from the front, not the wire end, it will come out, the little hook that holds it in will bend but you just have to straighten that before puting it back into the new hole., it will click in and lock.,(y)

they are held in with a clip, which you can hold down with apin while you pull it off.

failing that just rip it out and then 99% of the time you can carefully bend the clip back and re-insert the pin.

you'll find many different connectors will use the same size pins (there is a range of standard sizes), so you could take one pin from many differnt connectors (at any scrapyard there will be millions to choose from)

Back