Technical Need Help ASAP Please !!!

Currently reading:
Technical Need Help ASAP Please !!!

Hello , I need help for my fiat grande punto 1.9 Multijet Sporting
I was driving home , while driving i stoped at store , i when i turned the enigne on
the battery light did appear and the wheels of the car wont turn , afer 10 sec the car started to smoke under the bonnet , i turned car off oppened bonnet , the smoke was comming from the air filter side i dont know where it was burning smell , i didnt turn on car since then got my car home by a truck what should i do Help please !:(
P.s The heater was on , before i shut the car down came a really weird smell from the heater !

Last edited:
When you say the wheels of the car won't turn.... Do you mean the power steering? Or that you can't physically move the car? Sounds like seized alternator to me so far.....

Alan

Sounds like your alternator has seized and the smoke and smell will be from the auxiliary drive belt slipping on the seized alternator pulley.

Alan

You "could" start it for a few seconds and check to see if the alternators spinning, but be aware the belt may snap and if you let it run too long you will get more smoke etc and could do more damage. As a quick roadside emergency diagnosis you could get away with it.
Best thing to do though is drop the Auxiliary belt and try turning the alternator by hand.

Alan

Back