General Need Help.. 2 major problems. CN+

Currently reading:
General Need Help.. 2 major problems. CN+

Naaman

Hi got 2 problems!

1. Must be easy for some to help me with, i cant find where i change the voice command language. From italiano to english. I have the setup cd in, but wont find it.

2. Bigger one.. writen in another post before but no anser..
Everything seems to work at the moment but I cannot get the Sat nav system to work. I have read some of the posts on here and checked the service menu and except CD changer and SIM card all were green ( no card inserted 5 during check) and I have software system 9.8

Now maybe I am being a numpty but my I cannot get a route from work to home. I got my home address inputed and could see it on the map function. But the GPS system does not seem to know where the caractually is??? i Zoom out and all I see is bland landscape.

When checking the info page it gives longitude and latitude, and the compass turns around, but number of satellites is blank or zero.

Have I missed something basic? I have read through the manual but that does not seem to have any trouble shooting help

Any help would be appreciated

Have you tried removing the CN+ and ensuring that the GPS Antenna located in the middle of the dashboard near to the middle of the windscreen is actually plugged into the back of the CN+ ?

Hmm i am not that tecnical, so dont want to destroy anything more...
is it easy to remove it?

Removal should be similar to the method mentioned by Rich in the following post

https://www.fiatforum.com/stilo/120323-connect-nav-removal-non.html

The most straight forward scenario would be that before you got the car someone had for some reason removed the Connect Nav and not reconnected the GPS antenna.

Failing that you could try a firmware update but most likely a problem with the GPS receiver in the Connect Nav itself :bang:

I have upgraded to 9.8 bur dint help.
Well i have to se if i dare to remove myself or turn it in to a delarship to investigate... hopfully it wont be expensive. just change the antenna or something easy :D

Hi Namman,

The best out come would be a cable not connected, the worst case would be a faulty Connect Nav + unit and I guess the GPS antenna could also be faulty if they are active antennas. It might be cheaper to take it to a fiat dealership as they will be able to try substituting parts until the fault is found.

Hope you get it sorted (y)

Yes i will call tomorrow for a time.
And i will report back when i know what was wrong.
But if it is a expencive repair then i could just by an hand hold gps.. i will see.

Back