need evidence for euro 4

Currently reading:
need evidence for euro 4

Hello e1 :) my name is darren, i have just got myself a lovely doblo cargo 1.3 multijet sx van.
registered 28/03/06 82,000 miles :) which i believe to be euro 4 compliant for cheaper road tax. i am being charged full VED at the moment so i rang dvla and they said to send in the v5 and a covering letter and they will look into it.
Does anyone know were i can get official evidence of EURO 4 to send when i send back the v5 so they can change this for me? thanks (y)

Fiat normally put the Euro 'n' info in the back of the cars handbook. Failing that a sales 2006 brochure.

However you are probably better off contacting Fiat Customer Services and ask the question and get them to respond in writing. If they can't won't help then write to Fiat UK specifically addressed to the Homologation Officer.

Hello e1 :) my name is darren, i have just got myself a lovely doblo cargo 1.3 multijet sx van.

registered 28/03/06 82,000 miles :) which i believe to be euro 4 compliant for cheaper road tax. i am being charged full VED at the moment so i rang dvla and they said to send in the v5 and a covering letter and they will look into it.

Does anyone know were i can get official evidence of EURO 4 to send when i send back the v5 so they can change this for me? thanks (y)

You are correct the 1.3 multijet from 2003 was always euro4 compliant, then euro5 from 2009, this should be covered in the original sales brochures from 2006 which you could probably get from ebay

Its a van, is it registered as a commercial vehicle? If so it'll be taxed differently to cars (PLG).

thanks for the advice. your wrong but thanks anyway:p

Its not a matter of being wrong as its a question, if its commercially registered as a VAT qualifying vehicle when new then taxation is completely different to a domestic none VAT qualifying vehicle. This is why I'm asking (not telling) what it's currently registered as.

light goods vehicle on the v5.
it should say euro 4 as well but it dont. it was registered 28/03/06 which puts it in the euro 4 tax class and a lot cheaper than just standard light goods vehicle. i have written to fiat about this. here is a copy of what the dvla said.
Dear Mr Marriott

Thank you for your email received on 13/11/14. Your email reference number is 000000

It may have if I explain that Euro 4 status should have been declared by the manufacturer at first registration.

If this did not happen but the you believe that your vehicle is Euro 4 compliant then the you will need to send the following documentation to VC 13, DVLA Swansea SA99 1AR: -

The V5C Registration Certificate
Evidence from the manufacturer which will need to be in the form of a signed declaration on formal headed paper stating that the vehicle meets the Euro 4 standard.

Only original documentation will be accepted.

Please allow up to 4 weeks for your application to be processed.

I trust that this reply is of assistance.

Do not reply to this email. If you wish to contact us again about this response then please use our Reply Form or copy and paste the following URL in to your browser:

https://emaildvla.direct.gov.uk/emaildvla/cegemail/dvla/en/reply_form_vehicles.html

When filling in the form the email reference number 0000000 will be required.

Regards

J Deane

DVLA Contact Centre

Back