Need advice!!!!

Currently reading:
Need advice!!!!

A

Anonymous

juz wondering what is the best induction kit 4 a 1.8 hlx bravo?????? and how much hp increase?????? thanx.....

the best way would be to DIY yourself one using universal filters from somewhere like pipercross.

No BHP increase though. Makes a nice noise though.

I haven't modded my car at all, but i'm sure that unless you do the whole breathing system of induction and exhaust you will not gain any significant HP. The resistance from your factory exhaust and CAT will nullify the gains from the improved induction. What you will get is a happier engine, slightly more efficient, and no need to replace the air filter 'cos you can clean them!

That said, if you have the money, buy the Pipercross Viper with cold air feed (£250)*, pop a hole in your wheel arch liner with a means to scoop some cold air into the engine bay, fit one of the funny e-RAM induction fans (£200), then replace the factory exhaust mainfold, CAT, pipe and back box with a powerflow job (£600) and hey presto - you have been relieved of £800 - £1000, plus extra premium on your insurance with a gain of between 10-20 BHP! (confirm anyone?).

Marko

* = Prices guestimated at time of post.

Re: Re: Need advice!!!!

No confirmation...nothing is guaranteed!!!
As I have myself a 1.8 and I have posted several times, after fitting air filter kit, sports catalysator, sports back box, sports manifold the increase of power was an incredible mind whopping 1.2 HP :) up to 114.2 from the standard 113 ...

Re: Re: Re: Need advice!!!!

Also unless you went on the rolling road before you did any mods you can't be sure your car was actually 113 from standard - could have been 114.2 anyway!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Need advice!!!!

I know andy... I just wanted to point that by changing all those things is not much (IF ANYTHING) you get out...I thought myself I would have ended with 125-130 HP but was far from realistic!!!