General Nearly there....

Currently reading:
General Nearly there....

Its taken a while, but atr last I've got round to post progress of the Panda... Its now nearly there, goes, stops and steers, and seems to be pretty much road legal again, except for the paperwork... Have fitted new wings, new(ish) doors, a new boot and painted it all up, the original paint has faded, so the new stuff looks a slightly different shade, but it should hopefully fade a bit over time to the same as the rest. I'm still after a decent bonnet, but I'll chuck a bit of paint over the current one for now to cover the rust etc.

Mechanically not much has needed doing, the rusty and worn propshaft joint has been stripped and put together again the wrong way round, so its found a position in which it doesn't rattle any more, it'll have to stay like that til i can find a good secondhand one or have to buy new...3rd gear doesn't have much (or any) synchro, but its fine when taken a bit slower, otherwise the gearbox seems ok for now. The rear springs look like they could do with some oil, does anyone reccommend using anything in particular?

Otherwise, its just a few odd jobs to do before its finished, rear seats, some trim and a good clean should see it done. I'll try and book for an MOT this weekend or next, so fingers crossed for that, the last one it took was I think in 2000...! One question about that is the rubber front shock dust covers, are these needed for the MOT, as one side is half disintegrated...no oil leaks though.

I haven't got any recent pictures, so will try and get a few in the week, meanwhile theres a couple of the wing and the one nasty hole by the spring hangar....,.

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_3444.JPG
    IMG_3444.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3401.JPG
    IMG_3401.JPG
    728.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3412.JPG
    IMG_3412.JPG
    876.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3417.JPG
    IMG_3417.JPG
    820.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3432.JPG
    IMG_3432.JPG
    849 KB · Views: 16
the covers for the dampers are not structural...

those wings look great ... better than in my cellar anyway

Back