Nasty wheel-arch dent

Currently reading:
Nasty wheel-arch dent

ChrisW83

Hi,

My name's Chris and I live in Reading. I was recommended this site by a very helpful Asda security guard. I parked my car in the gym carpark around 7am last Monday and when I returned I found that someone had crashed into the rear, driver-side wheelarch area and driven off without leaving any details. See attachment for pic.

I've logged it with the police but they're going to take another 2 weeks to even decide whether or not to make any further inquiries. If they're not able/willing to track down via CCTV the person who did it, I really don't want to claim off my insurance if I can avoid it.

I have no experience in carrying out bodywork repairs myself, and although it had been suggested to me to try to pull this dent out, it looks quite nasty and I don't want to screw it up, so I was wondering where would be the best place to take it to be repaired? Any guesses on what would be a reasonable amount to pay?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can share.

Chris

Attachments

• Image023.jpg
    Image023.jpg
    515.4 KB · Views: 318
Hi mate and WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

GITS!

Its difficult to tell from that pic(i cant see if that is a crase about 1.2 way up the rear 1/4panel too), but i would say a decent body shop would be able to repair the panel rather than replace it. Would the need to be repainted too. I would say around £200 to get it done.

hope that helps,
Alan

Thanks guys. Just wondering, is there anything that would happen if left as it is if the repair was left for a while? The paint's a bit cracked but the metal isn't completely exposed... yet. It's just a combination of a) probably not having a spare £200 knocking around this side of Christmas b) waiting to hear from the police to see if they've found the guy who did it c) winter's coming and my job will involve driving on remote Oxfordshire roads possibly in the snow to get to various client sites, increasing the risk of someone sliding into me anyway.

Cheers.

Chris

Hi mate,

Should be fine to leave it for a while. IIRC its all galvanised anyway so wont rust.

Cheers,
Alan

you are lucky as thats in quite a good repairable place, near the wheelarch (y)

hope it doesnt cost you to much when you get it done :eek:

hate it when people damage or dint your car (n)

Back