Technical mysterious water leak

Currently reading:
Technical mysterious water leak

Chinqy has been loosing water. I've yet to do a compression test, but I'm fairly sure it's not the head gasket (no mayo, no overheating, runs well).

I'd thought waterpump, but (while changing pads & disks) I noticed antifreeze (pink and tasted sweet) right under the little plastic sheild o/s front underneath the radiator. Now I'm thinking hose or radiator.

It's so tight down there that it's difficult to determine what's going on. Apart from pressurising the system, does anyone have any diagnostic tips?

Mine also uses water, but oddly enough it is from the expansion tank filler cap.

for all the areas you susprect to be leaking, give it a good clean with a carb cleaner/engine degreasant, then after a week have another look, and this should give you a yes/no answer to whether you were right!!

Cheers

fingers99 said:
Tracked it down to the pump, I'm pretty sure. Dribbling out the front and onto the little tray, but radiator and hoses dry. And the pump's a rumbling, too.(n)

They're only about £15 and a piece of cake to fit, you're lucky it's not the Radiator!! (y)

Back