General My X1/9

Currently reading:
General My X1/9

fan4elliott

Just a few things that I am considering for my X1/9 and I am intrested in any feed back.
1. I want to convert the FI to 2 weber carbs, how many have done this, what is involved and what are the pros and cons?
2. I want to install dual rear exhaust, again what all is involved and what are the pros and cons?

This is me in 1987 with my 79' X1/9

This is me in 2009 with my 81' X1/9

Looks like you both, man and car could need a little refurbish (y)

It reminds me so much of my self that we could pass as twins, cars too :hug:

I was 21 in 1987 when I bought my first X a 1979 Green metallic speciale. Sold it and went walkabout down under (n)
I just bought my self a "new" one on Ebay. Its gonna take some work before its on par with the old one, same goes for me but I think there's more hope for the car. ;)

2re...thanks for the cudos.(y)

Back in 1987 I was just graduating from high school and heading off to college on a track scholarship. It just about killed me to sell my x1/9 to have money for school.

Now in 2009, married for 17 years, 2 kids and no longer running. I had major back surgery in 2006 that keeps me from running. I was thrilled to find another x1/9 but this one is going to take a lot of work.

My pleasure :)

You look to be quite tall? How do you feel inside the car, comfy or what?
I'm 190cm and from what I can remember it was a bit uncomfortable driving the car for a good stretch. I had a smaller steering wheel and that gave me a bit extra space for my knees.

Think I need to find a good but small radius wheel again.
Perhaps something like this.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PERSONAL-steering-wheel-Sparco-Supra-Rally-Fiat-Monza_W0QQitemZ360128515869QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item53d9550f1d&_trksid=p4506.m20.l1116

My car is currently parked at Midwest X19. A full restoration is expensive, a bit more than my budget. Exporting it to Norway isn't cheap and that eats up a good chunk of my budget :yuck:
Nothing is decided yet but I might drop all plans and the car.
I'm gonna talk with some Fiat nutters next week, maybe I can leave some work to be done over here. We'll see.

Good luck with your car.

Ohh. Sorry for going of topic in your thread. Not thinking as usual.

Attachments

• Right side.jpg
    Right side.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0431.JPG
    IMG_0431.JPG
    831.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Bilde 127.jpg
    Bilde 127.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back