General My test drive 90bhp dynamic

Currently reading:
General My test drive 90bhp dynamic

i took a 5 door 1.3 MJ dynamic for a test drive on sunday.

i think the 6 gears will be very economical, and the drive height and comfort of the seat is very good. only slight niggles i found were, i didn't like the look of the wing mirrors much, looked too much like ears and were a bit big; the clutch was very very light (although wouldn't take long to get used too) and what i though was depressing the throttle fully for the first ten mins of the test was in fact about 4/5 inches from the floor so took me a while to find out what it could actually do! very impressive for a 1.3 though!! anyone know what the insurance groups are?

p.s. @Bob, did you get a good price on the punto or aren't dealers giving much discount? what did fiat offer you for ya stilo?

blackJTD said:
p.s. @Bob, did you get a good price on the punto or aren't dealers giving much discount? what did fiat offer you for ya stilo?

If you're interested, I got £550 of the list of my GP Sporting, but I reckon I could have got more if I was prepared to wait for a factory order.....

courtster said:
If you're interested, I got £550 of the list of my GP Sporting, but I reckon I could have got more if I was prepared to wait for a factory order.....

that sounds a good deal! what options did you go for (or should i say have you got?)? are fiat doing connect nav on the grande?

I wanted options (leather, cruise and climate) but wasn't prepared to wait for a factory order so I just jumped on the dealers who had stock en route to them as long as it was black :cool:

To be fair tho its not just the discount where you can get the money off - if you go in asking for a discount the dealer will make his money back by bumping up the interest rate, or giving you a crap part-ex price, you have to get up very early in the morning to out-manouver them...

Haven't got it yet.... 2 weeks to go!

i know, i hate car dealers but i guess they're only making a living...

dont think id wanna do finance route if i can.

anyone know if you can still get connect nav??

blackJTD said:

I got a bit of a discount, but obviously nothing massive and i got a good finance rate at 5.8% and no they offered me cr*p trade in price so i sold the car privately :)

EDIT: theres the thread with insurance groups
https://www.fiatforum.com/showthread.php?t=53125

Bob in disguise said:
I got a bit of a discount, but obviously nothing massive and i got a good finance rate at 5.8% and no they offered me cr*p trade in price so i sold the car privately :)

EDIT: theres the thread with insurance groups
https://www.fiatforum.com/showthread.php?t=53125

if i do go for one, id love a sporting but can stretch to 3k i dont think:cry:might have to make do with a dynamic, bet ill regret it:rolleyes:

Bob in disguise said:
Nice one dude :cool: i have to admit the 90bhp impressed me so much, couldnt believe it was a 1.3!
What did you think of the 6 speed box?, the active 75 has 5 speed, so i'd be interested to hear what it's like.

blackJTD said:
i took a 5 door 1.3 MJ dynamic for a test drive on sunday.

anyone know what the insurance groups are?
Group 2 for 1.2, group 3 for 1.4, and 1.3 (75), group 4 for 1.3 (90), and group 6 for the 1.9s.

Back