General My Sei is back!!!...

Currently reading:
General My Sei is back!!!...

It can take longer before it really settles in, I'd say it's possibly as much as 300 miles sometimes.

Emm, break the golden rule of yours when it's settled. They pull hard up to 5800 - 6000 revs, but also have a lot more low end torque.

Have a go, even if it's just one mad 0-100 run :) A bloke at work thought I was insane the other day when I told him I'd probably hit 6000 revs six or seven times on the way into work - apparently he has never had his car anywhere near the redline.. but his is a Dirty Diesel!

Only if badly maintained. Have you seen any MOT garages with warnings about proper maintenance on Diesel engines? According to the testers handbook they're supposed to rev them into the governer (Dirty Diesel term for a rev limiter) several times for the emissions / smoke check - unless they've changed the manual recently.

fixitagaintomorrow said:
It can take longer before it really settles in, I'd say it's possibly as much as 300 miles sometimes.

Emm, break the golden rule of yours when it's settled. They pull hard up to 5800 - 6000 revs, but also have a lot more low end torque.

Have a go, even if it's just one mad 0-100 run :) A bloke at work thought I was insane the other day when I told him I'd probably hit 6000 revs six or seven times on the way into work - apparently he has never had his car anywhere near the redline.. but his is a Dirty Diesel!

How long's your trip to work? It takes me the whole of my journeys just to get my engine warm, so I hardly ever redline it :(

fixitagaintomorrow said:
Only if badly maintained. Have you seen any MOT garages with warnings about proper maintenance on Diesel engines? According to the testers handbook they're supposed to rev them into the governer (Dirty Diesel term for a rev limiter) several times for the emissions / smoke check - unless they've changed the manual recently.
I've known MOT testers to ask if the car if a diesel when it's belt was changed but most go easy on them due to the pop factor.

Liam

The Ugly Duckling said:
How long's your trip to work? It takes me the whole of my journeys just to get my engine warm, so I hardly ever redline it :(
14 miles each way, and the beauty of working shifts is that when I go to work on a morning setting off at 6am there's very little traffic. This can be A Good Thing, seeing as though the drive is a mix of 30/40 limits plus a goodly amount of 60 limit back roads and a spot of dual carriageway. Much fun in a tuned Cento :D

You do right though taking it steady, easiest way to kill an engine is to thrash it when it's cold.

fixitagaintomorrow said:

yey i was told bout 200-250 miles should do it,tis gona take me forever to reach that!!

Oooo btw me Green induction kit fit back in too! :D i was well chuffed!

Hi,

How much did the conversion cost then?, let us all start saving!!!

nath

Back