General My second problem: Oily discharge

Currently reading:
General My second problem: Oily discharge

hutchie

Simples...
Hello!

As I said in an earlier thread I recently bought a Sei Abarth. I noticed the other day that there appears to be an oil leak, so I cleaned up the oil to see if it was historical, however the oil is back again.

I attach a pic of where the oil has leaked:

Engine_Marked.jpg

The oil seems to be coming down the red arrow, pooling at the yellow arrow and then continuing its journey downwards.

There is never an obvious patch under the car in the mornings.

This morning however and I wonder if this is linked the "Engine Control System Failure" EOBD light came on solid and stayed on. Is this linked?

If not is the oil leak something to worry about?

What can I do to start working out why the EOBD Light came on?

Cheers in advance

Hutchie

Cheers for that Ming!

Is this likely to be causing the EOBD light to come on? Or shall I just fix it and see if it goes off?

I think so - it's the fixed light that looks like an engine and is, according to the owners handbook is warning of a feed/ignition system failure - just wondered if these two things (oil and light) are connected.

well i had the same leak but with no management light :) even tho my one is a cinq (spi) with your being a 2000, i would also guess is a SPI.

Does the light comes on right away when you start the car?

Ming

easier to pay someone £20 to do it. Post the results. Interpreting the codes can be great fun!

So it's easier to pay a garage £20 to do it than buy a reader on ebay? Won;t they interpret the code?

Either way it is going to have to wait until payday next week! Looks like she is off the road until then - having said that it must be an intermittent fault as the light is off again today! The codes are stored aren't they even if the light has gone off?

Also I need to PM you I think Fingers...so you will have a PM! However I think that will need to wait until payday too!

So it's easier to pay a garage £20 to do it than buy a reader on ebay? Won;t they interpret the code?

Either way it is going to have to wait until payday next week! Looks like she is off the road until then - having said that it must be an intermittent fault as the light is off again today! The codes are stored aren't they even if the light has gone off?

Also I need to PM you I think Fingers...so you will have a PM! However I think that will need to wait until payday too!

Never knew fingers offer special services, post a list and price up so other memebrs can have a shot :D

Ming

Codes are all very well, its the interpreting them thats the clever bit.

In the early days of codes the number of O2 sensors that were changed was unbelievable, as thats usually the sensor thats picking up the fault, rather than the fault itself.

Cheers

SPD

Codes are all very well, its the interpreting them thats the clever bit.

In the early days of codes the number of O2 sensors that were changed was unbelievable, as thats usually the sensor thats picking up the fault, rather than the fault itself.

Cheers

SPD

Guess which codes have come up!

P0130 - 01/02 = Generic - O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor1)

P0136 - 02/02 = Generic - O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor2)

However since the light went on I was forced to take the car out on a 20 mile journey, after warming up the light went off and hasn't come on again. These readings were taken at least a week after the light went out.

However I think the problem may lie in the exhaust/emissions area, as the back box has lost it's tone and it is sounding like there is a hole elsewhere in the system. So I am planning on heading for a lie down some time over the weekend as it's pouring here and I'm out tomorrow night.

Both are lambda error codes. Quite likely a hole in the exhaust would trigger those. Nowt to do with the oil leak, though!

As said, get a new O ring for the coilpack and job's done (although it may be the cam cover gasket, too). The pair can be yours for a fiver, so please don't resort to instant gasket.............

Both are lambda error codes. Quite likely a hole in the exhaust would trigger those. Nowt to do with the oil leak, though!

As said, get a new O ring for the coilpack and job's done (although it may be the cam cover gasket, too). The pair can be yours for a fiver, so please don't resort to instant gasket.............

Cheers for the help to both...

...instant Gasket? Not Sure what you mean!

My aim is to head down on Saturday and pick up an O ring or two and sort that out during the week next week.

However as a quick fix attempt for the other problem I guess cleaning the injectors would be as good a starting point as any - I presume that is just chuck some cleaner in the tank and tootle around? Any reccomendations on products? I read on a Stilo guide that Comma Oil Petrol Injector Cleaner was good but I can't seem to find it for sale on the internet. What about Redex?

Then a look at the exhaust after that...

Back