scirocco1.jpg

My Scirocco TSi

Introduction

Well after almost 2 years with the Mini Cooper S, it was time for a change.. .

As much as I loved my mini it was a bit thirsty and a bit small! So went for a scirocco its a 2.0l turbo GT with DSG gearbox. It has heated leather seats, satnav and parking sensors as extras.. .

It feels absolutely enormous at the moment and the gearbox has taken some getting used to but i'm loving it :eek:

scirocco4.jpg

scirocco2.jpg

scirocco1.jpg

scirocco3.jpg

Comments welcome :)
i like the look of them :) but i couldnt belive the price when i looked to see how much they was is a VW realy worth that price?

Ditto Dave, I like the look but not the price, I did look at these and then was like wtf over £20k new!

Also the 2.0 T petrol ain't that quick at 7.2 seconds, the 1.4 TFSI is like 8.0 seconds.

Does look nice tho, and love the styling

Dunno where you got those figures from for the speed.. .

2.0t tsi started life at 197bhp is 6.9 to 60 with a DSG box, the engine was upgraded when the mk6 golf GTi was introduced to the 210bhp version which is 6.7 to 60 with the DSG box.

Have to admit, nice looking car. There was a time when few vehicles looked good in white, but the new Scirocco does.

Im the other way and think there are better cars in white than this

But the car itself, well its an awesome machine, i think its dear new but you pay for quality and youre going to get the money back

Jealous? - most certainly

I was in the VW showroom last week having a good look around a Scirocco that had the leather interior. It is such an amazing looking car I would not change a thing about it.

I really hope to own one someday. To me at least it has some similar looks to my 96 Bravo. ;)

Just one problem, I think they are way over priced.

Dunno where you got those figures from for the speed.. .

2.0t tsi started life at 197bhp is 6.9 to 60 with a DSG box, the engine was upgraded when the mk6 golf GTi was introduced to the 210bhp version which is 6.7 to 60 with the DSG box.

Auto Express were the car was first being released/shown obv they changed and could have been estimates.

Pretty quick actually, how is the DSG to drive with?

Auto Express were the car was first being released/shown obv they changed and could have been estimates.

Pretty quick actually, how is the DSG to drive with?

Its taken some getting use to I have to admit! Had never driven an auto before this.. . With it being a twin clutch box you don't know its changing gear tbh you just watch the rev drops on the upshift and the gear display on the dash change and thats it, downshift you just feel the rev change and thats it.. . Its weird to start with but I really like it now!

It has 3 modes D, S and manual mode

In D its very smooth and wants to keep the revs low for economy
In S it lets it rev hard and downshifts early to get the engine braking, etc.. . Its very aggressive in that mode and only really any good when you want to drive like a hooligan lol
In manual mode it just drives on the steering wheel paddles which I use most of the time as it lets you control the revs on the upshift and then you can be lazy and leave it to downshift on its own :p haha

Its taken some getting use to I have to admit! Had never driven an auto before this.. . With it being a twin clutch box you don't know its changing gear tbh you just watch the rev drops on the upshift and the gear display on the dash change and thats it, downshift you just feel the rev change and thats it.. . Its weird to start with but I really like it now!

It has 3 modes D, S and manual mode

In D its very smooth and wants to keep the revs low for economy
In S it lets it rev hard and downshifts early to get the engine braking, etc.. . Its very aggressive in that mode and only really any good when you want to drive like a hooligan lol
In manual mode it just drives on the steering wheel paddles which I use most of the time as it lets you control the revs on the upshift and then you can be lazy and leave it to downshift on its own :p haha
Seems confusing ;) ........I'd rather just drive the car without all the fancy things haha

Back