Punto (Mk2/2b) My Punto (Mods In Progress) (Picture Heavy)

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk2/2b) My Punto (Mods In Progress) (Picture Heavy)

The official thread ressurector is here..
Great looking vehicle there.
Love the pointed repeaters. Looks great.
Are you sure them rear lights are legal all in smoked though? No reflecters?

as far as i know the lights are fully road legal. i've been followed along roads by both traffic police and normal bobbies on various different occasions. i'm sure if there was a problem then i would have been pulled over for them by now.

can't say for sure if i'm honest but as i said i'm sure they would have pulled me at some point if they thought they weren't road legal for any reason.

need to see reflecters any which way...

but will fail mot if they cannot be seen....anyway....

hmmm that seems a little wierd to me. it's just passed an mot with no problems and those lights were on when it went to be tested.

does anybody know 100% what the law says regarding tinted lights... i've spoken to a few people who all have different opinions as to what is "road legal" and what isn't.

They are getting more strict on them now and more and more are getting failed. You d need reflectors showing to the rear even if they are just red stick on ones.

hiya how did u get the shine on the smoked taillights and side repeaters . mine has them horrible chrome masks on they were cheap now they get on my nerves . does anybody know any1 in the forum selling cheap 1ns . or how too get them too look as good as them 1ns.
great 5 door btw lol :p

:ROFLMAO:

weirdly my lights change back to standard come MOT time:confused:;)

and its all about the shine

Resized_1.jpg

the cars i looking sweet .. i have to say that i agreew ith every one else loose the chav stickers if you must have a sticker on your window .. choose a fiat forum one.. also when you tint over the sticker .. it looks awesome!

hiya how did u get the shine on the smoked taillights and side repeaters . mine has them horrible chrome masks on they were cheap now they get on my nerves . does anybody know any1 in the forum selling cheap 1ns . or how too get them too look as good as them 1ns.
great 5 door btw lol :p

I am selling my tinted rear lights ( 3 door)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEUSX:IT&item=150330090436

They could do with some more lacquer for shinyness!

If you want me to re-list them i can (y)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
How did you de-wiper the back window?
I presume its the same process on a 3-door?

its done with something called a "cistern stopper" from b&q in the plumbing aisle.

once you got that then just sand it down, prime, paint to match body colour & laquer

after that you need to remove the boot lining from inside and remove the wiper motor and blade (you'll be left with the water tube inside... i just crimped it with a paper clip and tie wrapped it up inside)

then screw in your cistern stopper from the inside... replace the boot lining and be carefull when using your washer jets from then on as the water will still come out of the tube into your boot if you attempt to clean the back window by mistake (i found that out the hard way lol)

and thats it... job done.

just be aware that in heavy rain and snow this mod is very inpractical... cars have rear wipers for a very good reason so be sure you can live with the downsides of it before you go ahead and do it. i think it's well worth the loss of rear vision for the smoother look to my boot... and after all is said and done you still got 2 mirrors to see what is coming behind you.

hope that helps you. i'm sure the method is the same for a 3 door although i would check with someone else who has done it to thier car to be sure.

Whats not? so you only left the reflectors untinted yeah? becoz on ebay you have a picture of the indicators tinted then one without them tinted.

Sorry to hijack the thread billydigital...

Yes the reflectors are the only parts untinted at the bottom. The indicators are both tinted, in the picture it shows the lights on with the indicators flashing to see how they show up during the day.

Back on topic... any more plans for your punto *cough* colour coded bumpers *cough*? :D

Sorry to hijack the thread billydigital...

Back on topic... any more plans for your punto *cough* colour coded bumpers *cough*? :D

you need some covonia there mate ?? that cough sounds nasty lol

as for my bumpers... i'm still unsure whether to go for standard fiat colour coded ones or go for full body kit with skirts. i been looking around and found a few kits for the 5 door model that have nice bumpers and skirts (not too over the top) so i'm thinking about going that route to make it a little more individual.

also hopefully having the windows tinted next weekend (limo black on the rear screen and back 2 windows) and sorting out some sort of lowering solution in the near future (suggestions welcome for how low to go)

Back