Punto (Mk2/2b) My Punto (Mods In Progress) (Picture Heavy)

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk2/2b) My Punto (Mods In Progress) (Picture Heavy)

I never knew you could put a colour coded 3 door bumper on a 5 door.(noob) Having just searched

for hours im fidning hard to find a black 1 on ebay? Would you say its best to buy a different

coloured one eg blue and spray it black?? If thats the case any1 got one lying around?

Last edited:
Billy,

Pic 2) Even though the back looks very smooth is it practical when it persists with rain... Also CC the rear bumper and no transfer

Look forward to seeing future pics of WiP.... (y)

yea its not too bad in the rain... sometimes a little hard to see but in my opinion the smooth look is worth the visibility issues

Thats pretty smart that!! good looking 5dr.

few questions though...

How easy was it to debadge the bonnet? cos you've done a pretty good job! any advice on it?

and the black bump strips on the doors, are they just stuck on? cos on some cars they have popper things..

Cheers

easy enough to de-badge the bonnet... it leaves 2 small holes under it so just fill the holes and the indent with body filler, smooth, respray, job done

as for the bump strips... yes they are just stuck on as are the rear badges... just be careful when peeling them off as the more sticky stuff you leave behind on the body then the longer it will take to get it off... beleive me it aint easy as i found out when i did mine lol

easy enough to say "respray" but thats the worst bit - with a lot of colours you cant just spray a little bit, only the whole panel, unless you are an expert in blending. Otherwise you will always notice that patch of paint.

if you only sprayed that little area then im very impressed, since you cant tell from your pictures.

Oh and btw i dont see how anyone could get away WITHOUT a mk2 rear wiper, i use mine all the time!

Last edited:
Billy, how much has the project cost you roughly ?

probably around 900 so far as i've just had a full ashley cat back exhaust fitted also...

could possibly be a bit less.. im not exactly sure

Last edited:
easy enough to say "respray" but thats the worst bit - with a lot of colours you cant just spray a little bit, only the whole panel, unless you are an expert in blending. Otherwise you will always notice that patch of paint.

if you only sprayed that little area then im very impressed, since you cant tell from your pictures.

Oh and btw i dont see how anyone could get away WITHOUT a mk2 rear wiper, i use mine all the time!

yea sorry i should have mentioned that the whole bonnet was resparyed because as you said painting small areas is always noticeable.

Very nice. I'm a mkI owner, but for sporty looks, the mkII is King.

The one thing I would do as a priority is remove the 'Infinity' stickers. The car criminal translation of this is, "I have good speakers, probably a nice subwoofer, amp and head unit, I am worth breaking into".

If memory serves me well, the mkII is not a simple, clean screwdriver job to get into like the mkI, so that means they are coming in through the glass, or worse, attacking your doors with a crowbar.

Very nice. I'm a mkI owner, but for sporty looks, the mkII is King.

The one thing I would do as a priority is remove the 'Infinity' stickers. The car criminal translation of this is, "I have good speakers, probably a nice subwoofer, amp and head unit, I am worth breaking into".

If memory serves me well, the mkII is not a simple, clean screwdriver job to get into like the mkI, so that means they are coming in through the glass, or worse, attacking your doors with a crowbar.

I have to agree with that stickers situation.

Only stickers I'd put on my car are club stickers.

Shame really because some people like to ruin it for others.

Lots of break ins been happening in my work carpark! =[

i noticed somebody asked about the induction kit i fitted earlier in the topic so heres a few pictures of what it looks like once installed....

100_0603.jpg

100_0604.jpg

100_0605.jpg

here is the link i followed for instructions on fitting...

https://www.fiatforum.com/punto-guides/157789-fitting-focus-induction-kit-8v-1-2-punto.html

and here is the link for the item from the same ebay seller i purchased from...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/B-NEW-98-04-FORD-FOCUS-MONDEO-MK1-MK2-AIR-INDUCTION-KIT_W0QQitemZ350149560486QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item350149560486&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

you can also see the momo strut brace in these photos.

please no comments about the heatshield lol. it pains me every time i open the bonnet to see that someone sheared the bolts to get it off before i bought it... i just haven't got round to sortin out that problem yet.

also i'm thinking of painting some of the bits blue to match the piping for the induction kit... possibly the ends of the strut bar and the fuse box cover... what are peoples opinions on this and does any1 have suggestions on other parts i could paint in the engine bay to carry over the colour scheme ?? of course the whole engine bay will be cleaned before any painting work commences lol

and lastly the amp wire from the battery has now been pulled right through the dash since these pics were taken so there isnt so much spare wire floating around the engine bay these days lol

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Billy,

I know you last replied to this thread 2 wks ago but I ve just got back from Aus & Thailand after travelling for 6 weeks, back to this cold weather (n)

I see from your latest pics you have a front upper strut brace I put one of these on my last daily hack project, but found upgrading the Anti Roll Bars (ARBs) really sorted out any roll the car had (y)

ok so recently i've added tinted side repeaters and rear lights so i thought i'd keep this thread up to date with work done on the car.

here's some new images to illustrate the recent work on things i mentioned above.

100_0776.jpg

100_0775.jpg

100_0770.jpg

100_0771.jpg

100_0772.jpg

100_0774.jpg

100_0773.jpg

i've also recently added neon strip lights (tubes) in the footwells and under the driver's and passenger seats as well as some in the boot too.

watch out for more pics coming soon to illustrate that.

lastly if anybody wants advice or links to purchase the same gear (lights & repeaters both bought from ebay seller) then please let me know and i will sort that out for you.

cheerz.

Billy.

Last edited:
Billy,

I know you last replied to this thread 2 wks ago but I ve just got back from Aus & Thailand after travelling for 6 weeks, back to this cold weather (n)

I see from your latest pics you have a front upper strut brace I put one of these on my last daily hack project, but found upgrading the Anti Roll Bars (ARBs) really sorted out any roll the car had (y)

ok thanks for that advice mate. think i'll be looking into maybe doing that in the near future.

Looks pretty nice to me, really like the alloys!

Only thing i dont like is the punto transfers on the front and back, they just look abit tacky. You should swap them out for some tints, cost you about £100 i reckon.

just as said above take the transfers out lol and make it look good :) and get some cc bumpers on it :) scrappies a calling :)

Back