Punto (Mk2/2b) My Punto (Mods In Progress) (Picture Heavy)

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk2/2b) My Punto (Mods In Progress) (Picture Heavy)

billydigital

hey guys and girls. been working on my punto for a few months now so thought i'd post up some pictures and see what peoples opinions are on the work i've had done. A friend and i did most of the work and i think we have done rather well considering this is out first project together... anyway have a look and let me know what you think. feedback is welcome... god or bad... just say it lol.

work done so far

colour coded door handles and wing mirrors
removed bump / rub strips from doors
de-badged boot
de-badged and smoothed bonnet
added headlight eyebrows
added ashley 3" exit back box
added fiat zender rear roof spoiler (still needs smoothing)
added punto sun strip
added fiat & infinity decals on rear screen
installed ford focus / mondeo induction kit (pictures coming soon)
installed momo front upper strut brace (pictures coming soon)
added AEZ Xylo 15" alloys
installed 2 infinity 1250W subwoofers in the boot (pictures coming soon)
installed infinity reference 6520cs 6.5" door speakers
installed 4 blue neon tubes in the boot (another 6 to add soon) (pictures coming soon)
installed blue led interior bulb lol
installed new upgraded windscreen wiper linkage
installed flat aero wiper blades
added chrome beesting aerial
removed rear wiper for smoother look
added citroen xsara washer jets

100_0596dun.jpg

100_0601dun.jpg

100_0597.jpg

100_0598.jpg

100_0599.jpg

100_0600.jpg

100_0602.jpg

Future / Planned Mods

Full body kit
paint brake calipers
Full boot build
install ashley full cat back system
change interior clock & dial leds to blue
lowering (suggestions on available kits welcome)
install electric windows
install central locking
install alarm
do something with the interior lol
tint rear windows as dark as legally possible
tinted rear lights
install hid xenon headlight upgrade kit

well that's about it for now i think... if i missed anything i will add it later when i remember. as i said at the top... feedback is welcome... i know i'll probably get alot of comments about it being a 5 door but i'm leading the charge for 5 door owners everywhere lol

Last edited:
Looks nice and clean (y)

Anything back from the front doors (ie after the B pillar) can be as dark as you want (including limo 100% black); the law applies to forward of the B-pillar tint wise

learn something new every day don't ya lol
thanks for that mate, now i know i can go all out when it comes to tinting the windows :D

Like start you have made there, i would try and either cc your front/back bumper or get coloured replacements. Wheels look sweet and really suit the car. Whats the difference between the Punto window washer jets and the xsara ones? I would colour code them too, thats what i did with mine.

The rear tribal Fiat design in brilliant and i would probably have that on mine actually, Were did you get it? lol. What exhaust look you going for?

Like start you have made there, i would try and either cc your front/back bumper or get coloured replacements. Wheels look sweet and really suit the car. Whats the difference between the Punto window washer jets and the xsara ones? I would colour code them too, thats what i did with mine.

The rear tribal Fiat design in brilliant and i would probably have that on mine actually, Were did you get it? lol. What exhaust look you going for?

xsara jets spray a fine mist instead of 3 small jets however they are not a direct fit and must be glued into the bonnet when fitting.

rear decal was from ebay. should be able to find it if you search for "punto tribal graphics" or something along those lines.

as for exhaust... i will just be going for the ashley cat back system available from their site as i like the look and sound of the backbox i currently have on. just gonna step it up to the full system and do away with those crappy standard fiat pipes lol.

Good project. IMO i would ditch all the graphics you have put on as they look pretty chavvy. Why debage it to stick stickers all over it telling people what it is? Sort of defeats the point of it no?

This imo is the best looking 5dr punto i have seen and it has just been done in a subtle way which is all a punto needs to look good :)

4resize.jpg

That gives me a fellow 5 door inspiriration, i'm sure it will be great, looking forward to seeing what your rear tinted lights look like, due to the fact i have a five door and I'm finding it hard to find any examples of there lights being tinted.

Cool project mate keep up the good work (y)

I need some information about the induction kit because I think that a scoop-style induction(Green carbon for example) with a bigger loop(fron punto mk1 85hp) would be better.

Suspension
Not lower than 35-40 mm.Eibach springs,not apex,not HR.Or colover kit Koni 1150 inox or KW Variant2 or Variant3.Or else Bilstein Sprint shocks with Eibach springs.Do not put only springs,that's very important!

Billy,

Nice looking clean car.
Things I would have done different for what its worth (y)

Pic 1) CC front bumper no transfer on windscreen left badge on instead

Pic 2) Even though the back looks very smooth is it practical when it persists with rain... Also CC the rear bumper and no transfer

Look forward to seeing future pics of WiP.... (y)

Thats pretty smart that!! good looking 5dr.

few questions though...

How easy was it to debadge the bonnet? cos you've done a pretty good job! any advice on it?

and the black bump strips on the doors, are they just stuck on? cos on some cars they have popper things..

Cheers

i love those alloys. Nice one on colourcoding the mirrors and handles, most people are too lazy...

all IMO you need is to take off the stickers, get colourcoded bumpers and sideskirts, and lowered 50mm.

You can fit the front bumper of a 3 door to your car no problem, i wonder what it would look like? :chin:

just please dont fit a massive gash looking fibreglass bodykit :)

I need some information about the induction kit because I think that a scoop-style induction(Green carbon for example) with a bigger loop(fron punto mk1 85hp) would be better.

Suspension
Not lower than 35-40 mm.Eibach springs,not apex,not HR.Or colover kit Koni 1150 inox or KW Variant2 or Variant3.Or else Bilstein Sprint shocks with Eibach springs.Do not put only springs,that's very important!

it's not my car mate :D

Back