Don001.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) My Punto Mk2

Introduction

Thought I'd finally put my car up on Fiatforum. Haven't got any more pics so far guys but will definetly take some in about 2 weeks time when she's 100% finished. Unfortunately, even though I had a 1.8 engine to go in (found out later it was damaged) she's a 1.2! Spent £15k+ on non-stock parts so far.
15k!!!

Are u a millionaire?? can you lend us a few bob :D

Very dedicated i must say! Dont like the mirrors but i like everything else (y)

The skirts are the Carzone Fiat Punto Mk2 sideskirts. They've been used on a million different cars, had mine 2 years ago though.

The bonnet is the Novitec X-1 bonnet, had to import it from Germany myself, again almost 2 years ago. Unfortunately, during the time there were no official dealers importing with Novitec.

I originally had Momo Quasar 2 (silver) 17" on the car but I was getting bored of them. Now I've got 18" Wolfrace Warriors, however these are overused in the UK now. Nevermind!

The Mattig mirrors? Should have seen my face when I found out they were intended for left hand drive cars...Fs.

Nice car man! Big fan of the alloys, they really suit the style, good work!

15k, boody hell, on wot, have u done anything to the interior, i ask this cos my car has cost me around £15k but my 1 is on spinners, is on its 3rd kit, has 3 bucket seats & masive fibreglass install trimmed in vinly in it

does look good though, just cant see why it cost so much but then again, as u said, u got the bits when no 1 had them so wud cost alot more i gues

15k, boody hell, on wot, have u done anything to the interior, i ask this cos my car has cost me around £15k but my 1 is on spinners, is on its 3rd kit, has 3 bucket seats & masive fibreglass install trimmed in vinly in it

does look good though, just cant see why it cost so much but then again, as u said, u got the bits when no 1 had them so wud cost alot more i gues

Heh, on things like Nitrous Oxide, full Mercedes class leather retrim, fibreglass throughout, dash spraying, 5 lcd screens etc etc. Saying that I'm about to enter court proceedings over a £2500 install that went wrong.

yeah totally... each to his own and all that...

but buying a 1.2, then spending money putting a bigger engine in? hmmmm.

looks alright though, not my kind of thing but it seems nicely done

Alroy said:
15,000 quid on a 1.2 :confused: :confused:

you could have bought a civic type r for that!!

Didn't think I'd have to go through this conversation AGAIN but here we go...

Yes, I COULD have spent £15k on a stock CTR but then I'd be just like everybody else owning a stock CTR.

black_cinq said:
Or a new beetle ;)

I like it, but you have to be crazy to spend that kind of money on a 1.2.

Like I said earlier, I did have a 1.8 engine but at the time (because the company fitting it wasn't sure the bottom end was intact) I wasn't going to fork out £1000 for fitting without knowing for definite it was a working engine! I didn't have time to have the engine flow tested because at the time the car had already been off the road for 3 months due to the fact FIAT Italy close throughout August; I couldn't get a cross-member and front panel :(

Originally, it wasn't intended to remain a 1.2. End of story.

Back