Punto (Mk1) My punto mk1

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk1) My punto mk1

M1NCH07

i bought this mk 1 punto around about 3 weeks ago for 1,300 which didnt seem a bad price as everything seems to be in good working order and so far so good anyways i wanted to see what u guys thought so comments welcome and also suggestions on what i can do to imrpove the look of my car

434uh35.jpg

44azmrk.jpg

47u2cdk.jpg

well to be honest it was the best deal i could find in auto trader lol so i went with it also with a sporting im guessing they would have took any savings off me in insurance

for the condition of it it was the was the best price i could get

also any of you have an suggestions how i can now further improve the look of it

iv made sutble changes so far - gear knob, bonnet badge, punto stickers and changed the ariel changing my steering wheel next week with any look

Depends what way you are going with your car?

Are you going subtle or are you going extreme, or somewhere inbetween.

Also what funds have you got available as that always effects the choices you can make.

get down to the punto section, but TBH, you've already spent too much on it.

IMO no mk1 punto (std'ish) other than a GT is worth more than about £1,200 nowadays. and on autotrader they just put 'taking the ****' type prices up, hell, I saw a 55sx on a P plate with 80k on the clocks for £2,200 didn't sell obviously, but damn, if someone did :rolleyes:

looks like a later/last model though, with th purple vent surrounds and punto purple cloth.

I paid £1,100 for my minty example with 52k on the clocks back in sep 2004, still got it, and its now even better than it was then (apart from more door dings than before :mad: ). that was nearly three years ago, and I didn't quite consider it a bargain then, but after nearly 3years and 40k miles of no problems and it still being worth around the £800 mark, its been a RIHGT bargain really:yum:

i want subtle to be honest rather than huge exhausts and body kits lol

Ok then, subtle mods.

To start i would get clear side indicators and colour code your bumpers, it will instantly change the look of your car, Then a set of alloys, GT ones seem to be popular.

Next i would get the car lowered on 40mm springs and get the windows tinted.

Further from this i would debadge the bonnet and the tailgate.

Does that help?

I have a 60 s. 57k I paid £945 for it. Its immaculate inside. the side lights were changed and its got black alloys on (a little kerbed).

However, we did see a punto with colour coded bumpers, 27k £999. It went before we got there tho.

I love the colour of yours tho. I want to do bits to mine but not sure what either

pap_pap_01.jpg

pap_pap.jpg

Last edited:
well to be honest it was the best deal i could find in auto trader lol so i went with it also with a sporting im guessing they would have took any savings off me in insurance

way far too much money, even in good nick. that looks abog standard 60
i don,t want to burst your bubble but your lookin at 1/2 that price abit more in good con. try looking in scrappys for coulor coded bumpers or ebay
try & look for bargains to make up for paying over the odds. happy hunting.(y)

that looks abog standard 60

It's a 60 S Team - which had the luxury of padded headrests, rev counter and temp guage, blue heater surrounds, a "different" interior la 16v sporting/ GT3 and clear indicators.

A few 100's spent on colour coded bumpers and some alloys improves the look no-end, and if your lucky for not much more you can get the front fogs and sideskirts.

If you're looking at bodykits, you can't do much better than the Abarth kit (I personally don't like the look of the front/ rear bumpers in the colour of my car, but the skirts and spoiler look mint) or the standard top end models look (sporting/GT)

Back