My Punto ICE

Currently reading:
My Punto ICE

with regards to your amp, all im saying is that i havent heard of the brand before, or come across them when i was doing my research for SQ amps, but that was about a year ago!

yeah 700 is not bad at all, a good start :)

yeah my boot does rattle a little, but the thing that rattles the most is the boddy celling light. the plastic surround vibrates like fook and only stops when you put your hand on it lol

but then that doesnt bother me when the whole car is vibrating with bass and my headlights dim :devil:

Actually Hifonics have made some very nice kit.

Last edited:
sorry i just meant why is the amp not that good? is it because it doesnt do the jl's justice or is it just not a good amp. i am happy at the mo as my budget is set on other things.
i think i have spent just over 700 for my whole install which i think is good considering how much things could have costed.
ps does your boot give a ratlling sound from your subs bass on the plastic behind the wiper arm?

I took all of the surrounds off and stuck strips of Foam everywhere there is contact this seams to do the trick but the wiper Mechanism vibrates aswell so tighten it up a bit and then you should be done away with any bad Vibes for less than a Fiver.

Smally the JL Components RMS seems to be a little small for the price but Wattage doesnt really mean anything these days. My Comps (cheers Paul Bfd) are rated at 200w Rms but are they more capable than yours (who knows). You seem to have the right Idea with the experimental part considering your age. Can i ask how the Hell you can afford to do this, when i was 18 i had a clapped out Renault 5 with a few s**t mods and a similar system to yours.
I find that Name is everything if you look at Wattages then you will end up with a fully sony setup that sounds crap. (Not that mine actually sounds good ATM as it is a bit of a WIP)
Anyway for arguments sake i have/will have within the next month or so.
Kicker L5 15" http://www.gadgetsformycar.com/index.html/productinline/3835/fruk But this is being upgraded to a 15" L7
I have to buy Kicker 8" L7 http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/4995.html Even though nobody believs that it will work.
Mac Audio Fearless 1 1000WRms @1ohm Amp http://www.mac-audio.de/produkte/produkte_detail.asp?grp=5&ser=194&nr=1104040&lang=EN
DLS A7 AMP http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/dls-ultimate-a7-p-5108.html Courtesy of Paul
Morell Elate's 200w Rms Componens. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Morel-Elate-S...ZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem Not Exactly the ones that i have a Close Enough.
120GB Carputer not quite installed yet but close. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-0Ghz-Carput...ageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638.m122
Eventually three Touch Screens up front 1 for normall computer OS One for road runner front end for music and the other for road runner front end for sat nav.
Possibly 2 Vibe Line drivers to split outputs t 6 sets as i will be adding another amp and the DLS Takes three alone.
I currently have a Blaupunkt cassablanka headunit nothing to write home about but it does the job for the moment as i probably wont have a HU soon.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
i can afford it cuz i research alot to find the lowest price n cuz im a rolls royce apprentice n they give bonuses out willy nilly. Im glad i havnt made any stupid mistakes with my audio YET, n im glad u say im on the ryt track.
ur system sounds v nice but u obv dont need a boot with a 15" n a 8" n several amps.
u share my thoughts with good makes as i thought that if i dont know much about ice, then going for the best (that i could afford at the time) i could not go to far wrong.

i think i myt fill everywhere with foam aswell but thats definately a job for the summer

I found that Car Audio Security very very helpful. But thats probably because I spent nearly a grand with them lol Always best to research things like this. I've been sorting it all out for about 4months!

Foam! Just buy the mid/high priced sound deadening. One problem with the GP is the front doors have ridic shapes and proving impossible to put the thick sound deadening on :(

Last edited:
ur system sounds v nice but u obv dont need a boot with a 15" n a 8" n several amps.
i think i myt fill everywhere with foam aswell but thats definately a job for the summer

Nobody needs any of the ICE it is a hobby for me and im not even sure that the 8" will be of any use at all but i have come up with the theory that i am Filtering the Bass tones below about 80db for the large sub so if i Put 600w RMS through an 8" sub at around the 100db mark then this will deliver MID range bass much better than even the most expensive Woofers in a set of components also my comp's are 6 1/4" so i will get an all round more whole bass tone but coming from the rear of the car which is theoretically wrong.
The theory seems to make sense so i cannot see why this would not work (perhaps because somebody said that wont work once)
This is what i mean while Forums are good for Gaining knowledge not everything that the Majority of people Agree on is Gospal Truth and not everybody has sat there and worked out the maths and Physics of what they are suggesting.
Ive banged on about this sub to so many people now so i really am going to look stupid when it does'nt make a blind bit of difference but i see myself as a pioneering person i look at the facts not what i have been told and if i think that something can be done i am not often wrong.

That has often come up as a good method to stop vibration and i am sure that it works. But consider this you are filling a Gap with something that sets hard and Squeeks when moved against another surface But i would say this is unlikely to happen if you did it properly. 90% of what you are filling will not need to be filled so you are waisting a lot of money.

Back