Sony XS-F6924

p13-02-08_123202.jpg

Sony XS-A827

2160.jpg

Sony CDX-51

p13-02-08_123501.jpg

SPL 350Watt 10" Sub

p13-02-08_1235.jpg

2 Sony Xplod 1100Watt Subs And Amps Coming Soon :)

7" DVB-T TV With USB/SD/MMC/MS

p13-02-08_123201.jpg

Tell Me What Ya Think ;) Tom

Will be better when you put some decent stuff in there. I wouldnt go for sony there is a lot better stuff that you can get for your money especially if you dont mind going second hand. Would have been nice if you had built the screen into the dash properly but i understand that it isnt that easy in a mk1. Overall i would say not a bad start keep up the good work and let us know how it progresses.
Oh and the speakers would have been better off in the front doors and amp them up too. If you do put speakers in the parcel shelf make the shelf out of MDF as this will give you a Mid range bass response.
It is always nice to see somebody who takes pride in the system and you obviously do.

If we are meant to be rating this then, i say must try harder!
You havnt thought about design or practicality as you shouldnt put 6x9s in when you have a sub in the boot. Also you could of put some decent audio in not sony.
AND pink mats and a shopping list on the side of your car are both big NO NOs in my book.
i bet it sounds better then standard though but obv improvements needed
keep it up

it sounds prti tight and sounds the way i like it :). its only my fist car and first sound system im on a student budget so prti much what i can get my hands on is what i have lol. Im not keeping the car for ages so i dont wont to go hacking things apart 2 much if you get wona leve it in a state i can resell her.

Thanks Tom

looks nice, although you should have gone for an alpine head unit

You havnt thought about design or practicality as you shouldnt put 6x9s in when you have a sub in the boot. Also you could of put some decent audio in not sony.
/QUOTE]

Look like Coaxiles to me well thats what hes shown a link to.

Smally's right about the shopping list, only certain cars can get away with that and you actually have to have all of the components to boast about. Reminds me of when i saw a Nismo sun strip on a Clio:bang:

Last edited:
lol how you know i havent? not that i have or have not lmao

plus i think my system sounds prti dam nice its better then stock and better then some other system ive herd

PS should i put my 6x9z in the front? and sub in engine bay? always thoght it was that way round :S

Last edited:
so were does the sub go? lmfao

Tom

Dont take the P*ss out of people that are trying to give you practical advice you clearly no nothing about the travel of sound and the waves that it produces. The sub comes go's in the boot as the sound travels a lot further than that of the shorter waves of mid and trebble. The speakers dont go anywhere near the sub as the air that the sub moves counteracts that of the speakers so if they share the same air space then the 6x9's will be kicking off of nothing. People have spent there whole lives researching sound travel and it isnt as simple as you clearly seem to think that is why ur system is c**p and mine isnt so that is the last time i ever try to help you ignorant chavs with ur 6x9's and little 12" subs thinking ur bad.
Im sure that anybody else who even remotely knows what they are talking about will agree even if they dont have the b***s to say it.
And no i dont think i know everything i havnt even touched the tip of the iceberg but at least i have tried.

i wasent having ago at you, your fist post was nice and constuctive but then Smally just started to RIP it so im gona rip back

if you took it in the rong way sorry but that how it come across to me

Tom

ok forgiven :D

just been one of them weeks :(

Tom

No harm done but just make sure that you Know what you are talking about before you do rip back Next time.
When i say things i dont mean them whole heartedly i just like to have a go sometimes so never take deep offence if i say something offensive im just speaking my mind as i feel that is the best way to be with people.

I would like to know what system Smally has tho i bet its 1 maybe 2 12" subs a Safe Headunit, 2 amps with no power cap and a set of components in the doors.

how very judgemental of u lol
this is in my grande punto and im 18 just to show im still learnin
i admit i didnt know much about much when i started n is a work in progress.
the worsed part of my system is my sub its an infinity bass link t due to wanting space in my boot. http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?i=108BASSLT&tp=114.
then i have a Clarion DXZ958RMC headunit http://thebassbin.co.uk/shop/product/products_id/2785.html i dont feel thats that safe.
i also have a pair of JL Audio XR650CSi in the front doors http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product.php?partno=XR650CS/DYN10415
these are powered by a hifonics amp in the boot Hifonics Zeus ZXi 4406 4 Channel Car Amplifier http://www.dvbcaraudio.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=3489
any advice on making it better?
ps rear speakers (standard) are turned down and bass controller in front that i always play with lol i got told this could damage the sub but i personally dont see how aslong as its not too high a gain/volume

Last edited:
just to chime in, Smally - youve got a decent head unit and your front speakers are a good choice.

only thing that lets it down is the amp, and as you say the sub too.

ive got a grande punto too, i went second hand to buy a pair of amps (DLS A3 & A6), and brand new they would cost £1100 but i managed to get them both for £400 :)

the sub i have is an RE Audio SE12 v4, and i built the sealed sub box myself to the right dimensions. i brought this and my head unit brand new.

i have not yet upgraded the front speakers, but for now with the sub it sounds fine at normal levels until i crank it up and the fronts start to flap and distort. i plan to upgrade these at some point when i can be arsed to take off the door cards!

i would recommend you upgrade the amp, leave the rear speakers off as you have done, and get a quality sub. it will make the world of difference!

for a serious amount of knowlage check out the CAD forums :) ive learnt many a thing from there!

it really depends what you want to do - and how much you want to spend!

SQ or SPL or SQL etc.

for best sound + performance you would have to go passive sub, buy a dedicated mono block to power it. different class amps mean different quality in the way they amp the signal.

then if you want, keep your existing amp and just use it to power the fronts, but i would replace that with something better.

if your happy with your setup then dont change it just because some else says so!

sorry i just meant why is the amp not that good? is it because it doesnt do the jl's justice or is it just not a good amp. i am happy at the mo as my budget is set on other things.
i think i have spent just over 700 for my whole install which i think is good considering how much things could have costed.
ps does your boot give a ratlling sound from your subs bass on the plastic behind the wiper arm?

Back