Punto (Mk2/2b) My Punto 60s

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk2/2b) My Punto 60s

Thought I'd break cover with the punto. So far:

-Body coloured front bumper (awaiting rear completion before being added to car)
-Fogs
-JBL 3.5" speakers up front
-Sony Xplod 4" in the rear
-JBL 12" sub
-JBL 75.2 amp bridged for sub
-SPLX300 amp for the 4 speakers

I don't actually play my music that loud...much, I only really did all the sound stuff for the quality, as the standard punto system is rather crap.

IMAG0519.jpg

IMAG0520.jpg

IMAG0527.jpg

Awaiting things to be done, in order:

-Get rear bumper sprayed black
-Colour code mirrors and bumpstrips
-Engine rebuild from head up (sounding a little tappety, valve oil stem seal/s could be leaking a bit on cylinder 3 (sooty plug, compression fine on that cylinder). Also suspect the head gasket may be slowly expiring, still to get expert opinion from garage before proceeding. Tricker TB and 75 cam might fall into the engine at this stage too:D
-Alloys, 15 inch, 5 spoke, multispoke, black or silver?
-Lower, only a tame lower but the the punto looks like a 4x4 as standard!

Then I shall be done, I only want subtle mods to make it look respectable, I'll concentrate on buying a new car once I'm in full time work.

Of course the above is money and insurance hikes dependable, around here the premiums are sky high, let me just say I'm paying over 2 grand for a years worth, that is after searching around for ages, my mates are all paying around the same too.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Ah yes lol, forgot to add those parts to the list. Thanks the the link, I was dreading buying side repeaters, cheapest I could find was £20! For little bits of moulded plastic that probabaly cost about 5p to manufacture.

Debadging the sides is an option, their only held on with double sides as far as I'm aware, so can re-attach if I sell it.

grrrrrrr,

Woman driver + big saloon Toymota + school run + trying to do 3 point turn + innocent black punto = SCRAAAPE + drives off rather quickly in opposite direction (with me in the car!). Of course all this after she gets so close she pushes the wing mirror in.

Ah well, point of contact was my rear right quarter, bumper (that's going to be sprayed anyway) is scuffed and paintwork above bumper, behind filler flap, has nice grey powdery paint on it, this wiped off. The rest will T-cut out, and amazingly theres only a very very insignificant impression, if any at all.

At least I'm in the knowledge that any damage she has starts at her door and extends all the way to the rear of her car :D

Couldn't wait any longer for the rear bumper :D so I put the front one on yesterday. Rear one should follow in a few days time. I definetely want to colour code the mirrors next, it's wet out there and the 'gloss' effect on the mirrors you can see below looks pretty good!

IMAGedit.jpg

IMAG0560edit.jpg

IMAG0561edit.jpg

Me happy bunny:yum: Need more mansized wheels though!

lol, measured the width yesterday and their 205mm, 195/45/15s should go fine. Span them all up on the car today and their all true, just very very dirty! Needs a weekend of sanding back a few parts and touching in, but otherwise their good.

I'm not quite as deformed as my boot suggests btw (reflection):D

The rear bumper is a deeper black at the moment, but this was the case with the front one, and a month or so later the front one is looking exactly the same as the bonnet, so I can only guess the rear one will follow suit as it hardens and dries.

col7104 said:
lol, measured the width yesterday and their 205mm, 195/45/15s should go fine. Span them all up on the car today and their all true, just very very dirty! Needs a weekend of sanding back a few parts and touching in, but otherwise their good.

I'm not quite as deformed as my boot suggests btw (reflection):D

lol, stretch armstrong?...

195/45 should go on fine - they just look about 3x the width of the standards...

8" wide wheels tho? lol

hey mate, looking good.

main point of my post are those bumpers! im looking to buy some standard bumpers to spray for my sisters punto, but i need someone to deliver them because postage is wayy to high to bother.

and it seems you live in romford, so hardly far from southend, how much will you accept if you deliver them?

Back