Punto (Mk2/2b) My Punto 60s

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk2/2b) My Punto 60s

Thanks for the link mate, I've actually got a pc cam that I used to look outside (computer right next to front window), but I need ideally a dedicated program that can run in the background with functions such as motion detect and constant streaming in the corner of the screen or something. I'm on the PC quite alot.

Just ordered the alarm, that'll go in ASAP. Also just noticed now in daylight that in addition to the scratch, they've chipped the paint around the indicator itself. Oh, and a mate opened the door into the kerb (lots of camber, high kerb) and scraped the bottom of the door and sort of rippled it:rolleyes: Gotta laugh otherwise I'll cry LOL :D

well the car looks nice, soryr to hear about the dick heads, someone started scratching our car, 2 k of damage on 2 lines down the boot :(

now we got 5 cctv all around the house and they wont go near us, we knew who it was as well, well i did.

put big cams up, even if u have a fake one or suymmin, will keep them away
J

Rightio then, alarm came this morning and now it's installed! Went pretty much hitch free which makes a change. Wheels are at the garage right now, I'm hoping he'll have the tyres fitted by tomorrow.

I think I saw freeware somewhere for using a camera with a PC, I'll take a look when I get the time.

Wheels are on now, I'm still not totally 100% sure they go, but chances are I'll keep them, I think their growing on me. The arch-tyre gap is terrible lol, in the pic below you can see just how big it is on the front. Why is the front so much bigger than the back, something tells me I'll need more than -35mm to cure that!

Also these wheels highlight every single camber, rut, hole, everything in the road! When I accelerate hard it pulls left or right or goes straight, same thing happens when I brake hard. So hard to get used to. No rubbing though which is nice.

One problem however, I'd say 2 minutes down the road from fitting them, pulled over to give way and SCRAPE. Ah yes, these wheels are alot wider aren't they...AAAAAARGH:bang: :bang: :bang: . All my hard work.....

IMAG0080.jpg

IMAG0081.jpg

Lowering needs to come quick lol

Just washed it, couldn't polish the bodywork because teres too much sun. Polished the wheels though :D . They got amazingly dirty considering I only drove it for about an hour max yesterday:(

Any constructive criticism would be nice, but the following is what I'm already aware of:

-Lowering
-Colour code mirrors
-Colour code or remove side strips
-Replace the stolen clear side repeaters

Attachments

• IMAG0083.jpg
    IMAG0083.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG0084.jpg
    IMAG0084.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0085.jpg
    IMAG0085.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMAG0089.jpg
    IMAG0089.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMAG0090.jpg
    IMAG0090.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG0092.jpg
    IMAG0092.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 13
errr tint rear lights yer, only cost 10-15 quid :) and de-badge the bonnet and boot and smooth over the wiper and lock, leave the number plate- it looks very smart like that :)

the abarth exhaust trim would look nice ;) im selling one, lol.

also front sporting door cards to hold bigger speakers ;) im selling them :p

also sporting seats so you dont have them damn yucky S headrests, and the rears have headrests too :)

you got any airfilter etc? im selling drilled airbox with k&n panel filter ;) :p

and im in southend so not far to come to collect ;)

also i have slightly tinted rear lights, and clear side repeators ;) think thats it :p

if you want anything said there PM me :)

LOL, anything else you're selling that I might conveniently want?:D

I don't have electric windows so can't take door cards lol. I'm not too sure about debadging the bonnet. With nothing there it seems like theres something missing to me. I might update it with a round one though. The rear I would like to debadge, but I don't trust myself filling and spraying such a high profile area, so I'll leave that to the professional when money allows.

Tints on the rear lights I wanted to do, but now I think it might darken the car too much with white wheels? What do you think?

Engine stuff will wait a while. But when I am in the hunt for stuff I'll be looking ideally for a full supersprint system.

Am interested in the side repeaters though, and maybe the lights if people reckon they would compliment the wheels. Will chuck a PM your way.

PM oldschool RE supersprint exhausts ;) we get forum discount (y)

If your worried about tinting the back lights just get some spare ones from a scrappie to try it on. See what your saying with the wheels and all but think it'll look good so long as the windows aren't tinted as well, up to you chief

If it were my decision, I would get the wheels refurbed (sounds like from the give way incident that you need to anyway), I would get them powder coated either silver or anthracite - white wheels look cool but suit bright blue or bright red (As a general rule) and adding white bits to a black car would probably look a bit ghey. Powder coating/ refurbs cost about £20/30 per corner iirc

Hi there, good to hear from you again, holiday or something?

Had no idea refurb was so cheap! The guy I got them from (who refurbs for a living) said a full wheel repaint would cost me roughly 70 quid a wheel!

I'll re-evaluate once it's lowered, looks like a 4x4! Black/anthracite wheels may look good, but may make me look a bit too dark, or dirty. For some reason I cant visualise silver on those wheels :( Could look good though.

I could just about afford lowering now (shocks and springs), but then I'd have no money for 4 weeks, and that's called being stupid. So that'll have to be next month, so in the mean time it's getting clear indicators back, a little service and maybe a new head unit for the one I broke:eek: .

Back