Punto (Mk2/2b) My Punto 60s

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk2/2b) My Punto 60s

Right then:
IMAG0577.jpg

For some reason that snapped clean off sometime in the life of it being on the car (or it might have been that woman that hit it a while back). Bumper was still sturdily on the car, theres 3 more brackets ont he lower edge.

IMAG0576.jpg

Few scrape marks you should be able to see, should sand/fill out when your prepping for paint.

IMAG0575.jpg

Had to saw through this to get it off :eek: Repairable I should think

IMAG0574.jpg

Deformed this to get it off :eek: Should be able to undeform it :D

IMAG0580.jpg

And as a side note - their cleanin up good! The paint has quite drastically peeled off of the inner rim on two of the wheels though. I've got an action plan though, also got one to get rid of those kerbing marks too:)

Update:

IMAG0582.jpg

Thats the primer on (note nice undamaged finish now:rolleyes: ), tomorrow it'll be a light sand back and on with the main coat. Then the day after on with the laquer. Then a bit of blending in where needed (it's masked on a corner so shouldn't stand out anyway) and then thats one done! Only another three...:(

One wheel has quite a nice gouge, that'll be filled in before the paint maybe, depends on the extent. The wheel with the exessive peeling on the inner rim is going to be fun to do...not. That'll be like these kerbing repair jobs, but on a larger scale!

Luckily doing these painting jobs is not unlike what I do in RC so it's nothing all too new.

Also Beau, what do you think now you've got the full picture? I don't mind if you've changed your mind :D ;)

hi, sorry havent got back, i dont have a working computer really.

yes i will deffo have them, not like my sisters car isnt already in a bit of mess lol :p

how much will petrol be? PM me :)

there actually only be on the car for month so condition dont matter at all, wanting to remove hers, put on these 1's, spray hers and refit :)

Getting there!

IMAG0602.jpg

The left hand and middle ones are done, the one on the right was the badly kerbed one, its all filled in and looks like the others. That'll get painted tomorrow. Then onto the last one finally, which has quite extensive paint loss to the inner rim :(

Get paid not this Friday but next, so some 195/45/15s to come, and lowering springs! 35 looks damn good on Charlies car, but it also looks more than 35 :confused: I'm thinking 40 to make sure :D Or maybe 40 front, 35 back, if i can.

them wheels looks smart as fook! only problem with them.....

......theyre not anthracite :p ...yet ;)hehe. looks like youve done a good job of refurbing them!

as for the lowering (if your new wheels are 14's) the front will look low enough, but the back will look slightly higher. im thinking of 40mm springs on the back instead of the 35mm ones

Yeah their 15s lol. I also hear what your saying Adam about the cleaning!:(

Should be worth it though:cool:

The front has a larger wheel to arch gap than the rear. Enlarging the wheels can only make that gap larger I'm guessing lol. I'll see what needs doing when their on.

I'm gonna try and make Ace tommorrow, so may see you there, you know what to look out for!

Sorry mate lol, turns out it was a cold, still got it. And if my day couldn't get any worse, I spent the whole day inside to be greeted by my sis saying 'Have you seen your car?'... 'No? What's wrong with it?'...'Go outside and take a look'.

I'll let the pics speak for themselves:

IMAG0603.jpg

IMAG0604.jpg

Discovered this mark, methinks auto centrepunch:

IMAG0605.jpg

And this after I backed it down the drive:

IMAG0606.jpg

On my own damn drive, parked a few feet from the living room window where I was all day:mad:

I'm fully comp on the insurance, rang them up and they say Autoglass can come do it for me subject to a 60 quid excess. Still, that's 60 quid for someone elses [mindless] actions.

The hole in the last pic was because when I got in and shut the door, it fell out lol.

It's amazing the cheek they have, to actually come on to my own property and vandalise it. There's even workers working on a house across the road and they said they didn't see anything, they were coming and going apparently though.

Yeah, everything's still in there, it's locked away in the garage for now until Autoglass can come. Hurrumph, lowering may have to wait a bit longer lol

yeah, but you should be thankful it's only £60 (I know it's not as good as not having to pay out anything, but I had to pay £1200 for someone else's mindlessness...)

but hey, life goes on...

on a lighter note, I got my front bumper today so that will be on tomorrow and the car will be one step nearer completion... just want some borbets now... type A

Sounds as though they've been keeping an eye on you these theiving scum. It is outrageous how cheeky some people can be, i just wouldn't have the bottle (assuming i was also thieving scum that is).
Alarms unfortunatley seem rapidly becoming a necessity :( Ever thought about putting some cameras up mate, been thinking about it myself due to not being able to see my drive from the house (no window on that side), found this helpful site http://www.iviewcameras.co.uk/ .

Back