General My Panda wants to stall

Currently reading:
General My Panda wants to stall

phatbenny

My Panda keeps on trying to stall, always as I change gear to second, either up to or down to. I'm convinced it's a fuel supply problem. Recently I lost the pushrod from my fuel pump so replaced it with one from a pumpfrom a scrappy. The pump looks slightly different, so not sure if the pushrod will be a different length either. Might be. That may be the problem, but i think it might have something to do with the carburettor, but I don't know what. I just cleaned my carb with a spray, just before I had the car tuned. Also, don't know if this is related but my panda won't start with the choke out. You have to start it with it in, then pull it out slowly once the engine is going.
Any thoughts?
Cheers
Ben

Does the car restart easily after it has stalled. I have been having carb trouble this week and it was down to a suspected puntured float in carb. Solved it by swapping the carb. Also is that corrugated foil tube under the front of the air filter connected up properly it can cause stalling.

It usually starts fine after stalling.
Also the corrugated hot air pipe between the air box and exhaust manifold is there.

Back