New punto.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) My no named MK2B!

Introduction

My Official members motor thread of my MK2B with no name. (shocking I know)

I bought my little 1.2 from a car sales in Harrow, it came standard with fox alloy wheels, a hole in the door around the lock, and a couple flat tyres and flat battery, bad first impressions and impatient, I just wanted my first car!

I was determined to make my first car look the part, I've always enjoyed cars and it's very exciting to have your own to mod. :cool:

Unfortunately there are many people who will like to say things like 'why would you do that to a 1.2?' 'why a fiat?'. Well my advice is don't listen to these types of people, although they actually gave me some determination to prove that a Fiat Punto is a great little car.

So.. here is mine!

Exterior

Colour changing angel sidelights, with the visor sprayed black.
Alloys sprayed black, awaiting upon arrival of my new ones.
Removed bump strips on the sides.
Debadged grill.

Interior

Leather red stitched seats from an Alfa Romeo.
Blue led footwell lights, minus the floor mats now.
Sprayed interior plastics white, thinking of spraying black.

Audio

Double Din kenwood headunit with suede fascia.
JL Audio C3 650 component speakers front and rear.
JL Audio Twin 12' bass wedge with JBL amplifier.

Engine

Engine completely standard for the time being.
Didnt you have a thread on here before ? Love the angel rings alow i dont think they're very road legal ( would you do a guide on how to make and fit them ? ) would love some myself.

What else have you got planned ? A touch of lowering would look great.

Yeah someone suggested I made a members motor thread so heres the start! :). I drive with rings set to white, brightness can also be changed I only change colours whilst stationary with a remote.

As for a guide I found one in the guides section if I can find the link, all credit goes to him except I used different rings.

Im still debating on whether to go coilovers or air ride, either way i'll have to wait for the new wheels to go on first ?

Yeah someone suggested I made a members motor thread so heres the start! :). I drive with rings set to white, brightness can also be changed I only change colours whilst stationary with a remote.

As for a guide I found one in the guides section if I can find the link, all credit goes to him except I used different rings.

Im still debating on whether to go coilovers or air ride, either way i'll have to wait for the new wheels to go on first ?

Any chance of a guide on your head unit the guide thats already uploaded doesnt go into much detail

Depends what size and type wheels yiu go for . What you getting?

What was taken?
Everything stereo wise?

Not surprised :(

Brick - window in
No alarm = great
Rip tug and pull

HELLLOOO MONEH!!

they walk off happy as you are left crying :(

Ziggy

Actually it was more like crow in top of driver door, bend it open, rip out stereo and steal ipod, lucky they were to weak sauce to get the sub and speakers out

This is the problem with modified cars, 1. They advertise there is something worth stealing, and 2. usually a stereo and speakers will be just about enough to earn some smack head a fix.

The worst thing about the mk2 is the stereo sits on top of the dash for everyone to easily see.

These days I'd much rather stick with the standard stereo and have an easy life not having to worry about if my windows will still be intact when I come back. But then again I'm older now and radio 2 doesn't really need a fancy head unit and sub and amp set up in the boot.

Be wary of replacing it all because they will probably watch your car for it to be replaced and do it again a month or so down the road.

When I was at university there was one student house got burgled 4 times in as many months because they waited for the laptop and TV boxes to appear after the insurance pay out, in the wheelie bin then robbed it again for all the new stuff

Last edited:
This is the problem with modified cars, 1. They advertise there is something worth stealing, and 2. usually a stereo and speakers will be just about enough to earn some smack head a fix.

The worst thing about the mk2 is the stereo sits on top of the dash for everyone to easily see.

These days I'd much rather stick with the standard stereo and have an easy life not having to worry about if my windows will still be intact when I come back. But then again I'm older now and radio 2 doesn't really need a fancy head unit and sub and amp set up in the boot.

Be wary of replacing it all because they will probably watch your car for it to be replaced and do it again a month or so down the road.

When I was at university there was one student house got burgled 4 times in as many months because they waited for the laptop and TV boxes to appear after the insurance pay out, in the wheelie bin then robbed it again for all the new stuff

I totally get that andy, but we shouldn't be living this way I should be able to earn something and expect it to be left. There are some scum out there that ruin it.

Ive bent my door back into place will by another just to be certain.

The car wasn't on my drive it was parked in a secure car park at premier inn, obviously not that secure :'(

Back