IMAG0034-1.jpg

Punto (Mk1) my new yellow mk1 punto sporting, abarth kit.

Introduction

so i sold my punto 1.1 for £650 (y) and bought this :)

how i purchased the car from someone on psc/FF

carnsf.jpg

z1scratch.jpg

IMAG0034-1.jpg

so instead of doing the usual special of ignore any dents il just slap loads of mods on to hide them :lol: i decided to just get the bodywork sorted out proper.

image-upload-190-730779.jpg

image-upload-176-735765.jpg

image-upload-297-734541.jpg

image-upload-270-780288.jpg

how it stands now-

S7001228.JPG

S7001229.JPG

S7001230.JPG

S7001231.JPG

S7001235.JPG

S7001236.JPG

S7001238.JPG
Reactions: labis
...even the wiper blades are fiat ones..

and dont forget the boot tidy net, sill protectors, headlight guards, cd changer etc...

why not dab on a standard bonnet badge - i may conceed the abarth badge being a little large, though i thought the front looked a little bland with something missing when i collected it?

and dont forget the boot tidy net, sill protectors, headlight guards, cd changer etc...

why not dab on a standard bonnet badge - i may conceed the abarth badge being a little large, though i thought the front looked a little bland with something missing when i collected it?

i might, i know what you mean, it took me a few days to like it being smooth, i like it now but still tempted to fit a fiat badge back on.

was concidering fitting one of those letter box vents.... not sure, cos like i say i want to keep it original, it seems a shame to start modding it too far.

will see how it looks with my new headlights on (bought european style tinted set) i fitted my angel eyes nd took them straight back off :p

obv your car / call - however, the fact there probably isnt another like it in the uk for originality / genuine fiat stuff remaining, i'd be tempted to leave it exactly as is.

youve done a great job polishing it up - any chance of some pics for old times sake.....

obv your car / call - however, the fact there probably isnt another like it in the uk for originality / genuine fiat stuff remaining, i'd be tempted to leave it exactly as is.

youve done a great job polishing it up - any chance of some pics for old times sake.....

have you ever looked under the car btw, cos i did yesterday, was in for a bit of a shock cos was expecting it to be clean, rust everywhere, not quite any holes but deffo not far off, going to strip it back and under seal it this week, not as rusty as my bravo thankfully ;) that had big holes in it.

and the hand brake has 3 clicks now ;) lol duno who wound up the hand brake cable though, was wound up loads.

i think i will leave it as much as i can, pretty sure i wont lower it now, mainly cos it is so nice to have a car which can carry 5 people and go over speed bumps at 15mph lol.

i took these pics yesterday-

Attachments

• 851.JPG
    851.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 81
  • S7001240.JPG
    S7001240.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 69
  • S7001248.JPG
    S7001248.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 71
  • S7001252.JPG
    S7001252.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 80
sorry to hear that beau, i've never been under that car to be honest, however, anything major i would expect to have been raised in last months mot. having been sat between 2007-09, perhaps the corrosion is simply surface rust - harmless?

underseal / waxoyl would be a good idea if youre now making this car a daily driver.

the handbrake was looked at during last service at 120k - obv the fiat spec of handbrake clicks!

btw, pics look great - keep it going! what did you use?

sorry to hear that beau, i've never been under that car to be honest, however, anything major i would expect to have been raised in last months mot. having been sat between 2007-09, perhaps the corrosion is simply surface rust - harmless?

underseal / waxoyl would be a good idea if youre now making this car a daily driver.

the handbrake was looked at during last service at 120k - obv the fiat spec of handbrake clicks!

btw, pics look great - keep it going! what did you use?

mot are pretty crap re rust, you can only tap it lightly with a plastic hammer :rolleyes: cos that really shows up rust lol, iv seen much worse, so its easily sorted with a strip down and underseal.

what did i use to clean it? if so auto glym stuff, wouldnt normally use that stuff but in january halfords reduced the £50 pack to £19.98 so had to for that price :p

think im going to get some pressed metal italian style plates for it, cos the font on the plates atm im not keen on, looked better on the number plate online maker if you get me :p

Last edited:
in the queue chris, i might want it back ;-) would you beleive i did over 130k in that!

seriously though, it does still look good beau, make sure you keep it that way and don't bend it.

pressed plates look great, not sure on the wheels myself - your call though.

very nice car mate... Does anyone know wher i could pick up a yellow bumper? for sporting or GT mark 1??

Back