My New Toy!

Currently reading:
My New Toy!

Ok, ok...............................

I lied!

It came out yesterday, my mate convinced me.

So off we went for a ride around the twisties but it was too slippery to race, so we came home via the A1 North. Straightline, boring stuff, I was in the fourth lane, looked down and my clock read 150mph, on my right, my mate decided to pass me, in the same lane. When we stopped I asked how fast he was going when he passed me, he said 162mph, his speedo is digital that's how he knows!

Had we have been stopped, we'd have been sentenced like murderers!

Bike ARE more fun!

We must have a meet sometime without the Stilo's TC.............. (y)

My baby wrapped in cotton wool till dry weather returns... ;)

Attachments

• ducati2.jpeg
    ducati2.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 22
Frogsleggs666...........................

if you aren't pulling my leg..........................I'm envious!

I'd love a Duke, but the maintenence costs are far too excessive!

Steve, finally, realisation and recognition, thank you!

Re: Frogsleggs666...........................

TC, as much as we don't share most of my opinions I DO NOT WANT TO SEE YOU KILLED OK? Please be careful!

Re: Thank you...........................

At 160mph the greatest danger you have is a nasty pothole or bit of oil, then it will be Savi who? Think of your family if nothing else!

In a car you can survive, on a bike, you're dead or paralysed, remember that and don't do anything too stupid, please!

Steve, we can have concern for him even if we don't like him ;)

Re: Yeah................................

you wana take your bit of bling on a track,thats where you will get the most fun out of it :D or wot about on an dis used air field? that way you can really see wot it can do and its safer!

twincamms said:
if you aren't pulling my leg..........................I'm envious!

I'd love a Duke, but the maintenence costs are far too excessive!

Steve, finally, realisation and recognition, thank you!
Full service £275 but its worth it to be able to travel at speeds near the sound barrier! (on a race track of course :p ) sorry Paul.......

Spec includes:-
Blue flame EVO titanium cans (removable baffles held by circlip) great for track days!
Lightened to 187kgs (was 193kgs)
39tooth ergal sprocket (gives shorter ratios for quicker acceleration & pick up)
SP carbon fibre undertray & vented clutch cover
Sigma tuned, now 110hp @ 9750rpm (was 101 @ 8750)
Have clocked 165mph but its hairy :eek: & the road disapears very rapidly in front of you, (sorry I meant race track ;) )

Froggie, on a bike, if you come off, most likely the only person who would be hurt is you, now that's sad, very sad, but it's not as bad as threatening others lives which you are A LOT more likely to be doing in a car.

pghstochaj said:
In a car you can survive, on a bike, you're dead or paralysed, remember that and don't do anything too stupid, please!

Survive a 160mph crash in a car i very much doubt it I would imagine you at least end up with brain damage in which case i'd rather die tbh...

Anyway Twincamm love the bike but sorry the duke gets my vote ;)

I am saying that it's fact that if you hit a car at 160mph you're head, the people in the car probably won't be. Hit the same car in your stilo at 160mph (downhill with NOS ;) ) and those people will be dead along with you.

Jamie, I am talking generally, at most speeds you're more likely to survive in a car than on a bike.

As long as we dont end up like this TC ?.................... :D

EDIT. It moved and the biker fell off before I loaded It :bang:

Attachments

• copchase.gif
    copchase.gif
    12.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Paul,

Surely it's up to the person whether they put themselves at risk and not you, your reasoning is like me asking TC to sort you out and you letting him!

Liam

Liam, you have taken this wrongly, I was concerned for TC, not telling him off - if he was driving like that I would because it puts others at danger but on a bike you're mainly putting yourself in danger so it's less of an issue.

Anybody can take risk, it's to them, however, if that risk is illegal, the person shoulud expect criticism. In this case I wasn't even criticising, just telling him to be careful!

Frogsleggs................................

I honestly didn't know you were into bikes.

My Ninja has got a few extras, but mainly it's got an ART can and been jetted, it's 108bhp and tops out at 160mph. The rest of my mods are cosmetic and are there to make it prettier rather than faster.

My mate has got a Duke, his is the 996 and his service charge was 620 quid!

Back