DSC00016.JPG

My new toy - none fiat warning!

Introduction

Well as a few of you know ive been thinking about changing the stilo recently, been and test drived a few cars such as the grande punto sporting and to tell the truth they weren't no upgrade from my car and none of them impressed me, i also test drove a few none fiats :eek:

.....so to cut along story short the stilo boys will be glad to know ive decided to keep the stilo for a few more years now, shes a good un! And you just dont see many cars about like it and its :cool: being different - which is what i found hard trying to find in a new car!

seens as im 21 soon, i wanted to change my motorcycle aswell and when i saw this beauty in the showroom i just decided to go all out and blow my cash on this baby, for those of you who dont know much about bikes it a kawasaki z1000, its a 958cc which produces 125bhp need i say more :devil:

Heres a picture of her in the showroom: :yum:
z10000.jpg

And one of her all polished up when i get her home! and you can see if already start on the modifications and see's got a rear seat cowl on in this picture. Ive got a few more goodies for her but havent had chance to fit em yet :)
DSC00016.JPG

So egar to get out on her and give her a blast, oh well not long now :D

Enjoy!
In my first post by no means did i mean to put the grande punto down as i thought it was a great car and really liked it as can be seen by my test drove thread i posted. Maybe the performance of the gp i test drove wasn't great because it hadn't been run it yet! But they are nippy dont get me wrong just there wasn't much difference in compraison to the stilo and i was loosing alot of luxuries the stilo has... But the plus side to the GP have gota be said are insurance, running cost and tax (y)

im holding out for the abarth though :)

long time no see mark, hows it goin pal.. (y)

What do you mean make up for it with your next motor, u drive a vxr with around 300bhp i went in a standard vxr and boy they fly, just so much power to lay down and especially yours with 300bhp ish :D - i luvd everyminute of it just a pitty at my age insurance dosent agree with these cars or id have something like that myself, thats the reason for the bike to tell the truth!

tell me more about bikes, thinking of doing my bike test, then when 21 get the unrestricted license and a proper bike, and at teh same time ditch the punto and buy a no holds bar'd off roader (lada niva!!!).

so bike for everything, lada for everything else, if that makes sense:cool:

yeah same here, im doing my direct access course of me 21st which means as you sed you can ride any bike any size :)

although if you want to do it before then they do a restricted licence that you can ride anything with 33bhp for 2years then after that period any bike you want!

You just have to do you CBT and theory test first, i got a 125cc for a year and waited till im 21 to do my test as i dnt wana hav a restricted licence.. Although its not cheap.. Im doing a 5day in tensive test which has cost me the beta part of £600, plus you need all your own equipment and to get boots,trousers,jacket,gloves and helmet - cheap stuff would cost around £500 and nice stuff atleast £1k. I know it was something i over looked when i first thought about learning to ride and its more expensive than having a car in my experience as most bikes - well depending on the owner own choice of course should be serviced around every 2.5k and need more maintaince than a car and a few hundred quid bill each time its not cheap. Although tax is dirt cheap for my old 125cc is was £15 for a year :)

edit: also my old bike used to do ubber mileage to a tank of petrol which was £8 - although this one will be on par with my car getting between 20-40mpg depending how i ride :) - which ull be very carefull to start off with as its just a tad of a jump from a 125cc to a 958cc :devil:

Last edited:
1.8Stilo said:
long time no see mark, hows it goin pal.. (y)

What do you mean make up for it with your next motor, u drive a vxr with around 300bhp i went in a standard vxr and boy they fly, just so much power to lay down and especially yours with 300bhp ish :D - i luvd everyminute of it just a pitty at my age insurance dosent agree with these cars or id have something like that myself, thats the reason for the bike to tell the truth!
It's going really good (y) Loving every second of the car and I aint had any fights with the dealers, it's a bloody miracle :eek:

But I like to make plans in advance :D Basically gonna save some serious pennies and buy a car that's gonna be kept for a lifetime if you know what I mean. Not too sure yet, maybe a Maserati or Alfa 8c, just something that will age well and have a "normal" car for shoppin and school run etc.

You make sure you take care on that beast mate, no matter how good a rider you are, there's a lot of assholes on the roads that don't take bikes into account :mad:

Whats the 0-60 on it, around 3 or 4 seconds ? :eek:

Nice bike, very nice bike!

All i have is a Honda CG125 Y reg :( Im looking out for a good Aprillia rs125 though, for my cbt. Love them. I rode my mates R1 the other day (drove his impreza too, wow what a gorgeous car and the power is immense) it was shall i say, fast? I dont think fast covers it as the closest id riden to that before was a Honda CX 500 custom!

So what speed you had outa it on 'the private road ;) '
Jordan

KoArAnG said:
It's going really good (y) Loving every second of the car and I aint had any fights with the dealers, it's a bloody miracle :eek:

Ace, luv it.. chuckled to myself when i read that! Ive gota say ive been having bad experience with my dealership recently makes you wana look further a field and gets very frustrating :mad:

KoArAnG said:
maybe a Maserati or Alfa 8c

One word WOW! Now your talking business, especially with a car like a maserati you wont loose money in depreciation and would be nice to hand down to the kids if you know what i mean, something that bit special :)

KoArAnG said:
You make sure you take care on that beast mate, no matter how good a rider you are, there's a lot of assholes on the roads that don't take bikes into account :mad:

Whats the 0-60 on it, around 3 or 4 seconds ? :eek:

Yep is around 3/4seconds :devil: depends how you handle the power really and i need alot practice! But ill get there :)

Ill have to post some links to some clips ive got of some guy with the same bike racing an impreza and shall we say leaving him behind :)

Last edited:
A&R Jordan said:
Nice bike, very nice bike!

All i have is a Honda CG125 Y reg :( Im looking out for a good Aprillia rs125 though, for my cbt. Love them. I rode my mates R1 the other day (drove his impreza too, wow what a gorgeous car and the power is immense) it was shall i say, fast? I dont think fast covers it as the closest id riden to that before was a Honda CX 500 custom!

So what speed you had outa it on 'the private road ;) '
Jordan

I wouldn't bother wasting your money on the aprillia honestly, id wait till you can get something either on a restricted licence or save your pennies till you can do your direct access!

obviously everything is on a private road as i havent got me full licence yet... roll on me 21st, only a bout a wk now :D

its more of a 0-100 sort of bike because it dosen't have any fairings, when you get over a 100mph and you dont have any wind protect, ie. fairings so your getting lifted off you seat and when you get to 120 your doing a superman impression - scary ****! lol

the bike could do 150/160 although it wont see that... well with me riding anyway!

1.8Stilo said:
Ill have to post some links to some clips ive got of some guy with the same bike racing an impreza and shall we say leaving him behind :)
l wouldn't doubt that for a second, the bhp per ton is far superior on the bike. But I'd feel a little safer being the scooby driver :D

Went to the alfa dealers today to find out about the Alfa 8c.

They are taking deposits now, but there's only gonna be 450-500 cars made in total, there's a wait for 12 months and it's gonna cost £100,000.

Not sure if an Alfa is worth that much money, no matter how incredible it looks.

Now I need to find a maserati dealer close to me.

maserati is a better choice(y)

don't know the names of most of them.
but there is one (got a pic from stanford) with 4doors 4seats, gadgets front and rear, and kind of like a grandtourer (maybe thats what its called) for bombing all over the continent, something like £100,000 aswell. but it'll only loose about 30k of that over 5-6years, maybe less?

Back