Seicento.jpg

Seicento My new Sporting

Introduction

Been a while since I was last on here, or in a Fiat for that matter.

Just bought a X plate Sei Sporting to use for autotests and solos, maybe a few other events too.

Picked the car up cheap off ebay and to be honest i got what I paid for. it does have a full years ticket and 6 month's tax though so not all bad...

The body work is shocking! But i don't really care as it's not here to look good.

It does need a bit of work doing though, namely the tracking, it's so bad I'm starting to wonder if the nearside front wheel is actually connected!

Will get an oil and filter change within the next week just for peace of mind and if I have time a coolant flush (I think the last person who did it filed it with tea it's such a dark colour!

There's a funny buzz coming from behind me too when I drive, sound's like a motor working overtime so I'm suspecting a dodgy fuel pump but couldn't see obvious access to it with the sits up, there is a panel but it was riveted or bolted in and I copuldn;t be bothered to get the tools out.

Negatives aside though it's great fun to drive around town and on little twisty roads and nice and cheap (compared to a 2l diesel anyway!)

Future improvements will be:
Lowered (40mm preferably)
Polybushed
Uprate the brakes, handbrake especialy (research needs doing)
Might put some bigger wheels on, 14" abarth wheels if I can find some cheap or maybe something from a punto/bravo (if the offset is close enough). Might add spacers too depending on wheel.

Once it handles and stops better i'll consider engine mods. Inducion and exhaust, new cam (am i right in thinking the 866 cam from a punto is the favourable choice?)

I await all your expert advice!

Reactions: sei16v
Serviced the old girl last night, judging by the condition of the air filter it hasn't been done in a while!

Only did oil and filters, will check plugs one night and clean/ re gap if necessary.
Coolant change also needed. quite soon!

Could a mod please remove the attachement from my first post please.

Nothing new has been done to the car recently however in the last 24 hours I have managed to get myself four Cinquecento Abarth alloys (pretty sure they are the Abarth ones) and a Sparco bucket seat. Standard alloys will be kept on the car for normal road use and then the new alloys will have other tyres for competition use. Maybe tomorrow I'll figure out how to mount the bucket seat, not expecting that to be easy! Pics to follow soon.

Right then... this car is now on eBay. I bought a spares car, salvaged the good body work, tidied it up and gave it a good t cut.

I have bought in it's place an mpi sei, had to replace the off side front wing as it was caved in big time. Rear has been stripped out, harness fitted to drivers side.

Still a prolonged to do list.
Fit bucket seat (waiting on subframes to be delivered)
Service
Fit (well make) induction kit, got a DIA filter housing to work with.
Oil catch tank
Would still like an 866 cam, have seen one in the classifieds
Sort rear brakes...disc conversion is most likely but lack of money at the moment.

Anyway here are some pics.

Last edited:
Problem is that the MPI car (without at least a piggy back ECU -- see Honeymonster's thread) is much trickier to tune than the SPI (Euro 3 as opposed to whatever preceded it).

I'd not bother with a rear disk conversion (and even then, probably only for track use) without upgrading the fronts -- weight transfer and decent tyres will mean that under hard braking the rear wheels will be pretty much in the air, anyway.

theres water stains on the seat blu :)

The seal is never the fault though, remember thats a pretty big trench around the sunroof, 99% of time its drain holes not draining fast enough (or at all) that makes them leak. As that whole trench needs to fill up with water before the seal becomes an issue.

Its the bolts that go through the roof glass that have two O ring seals on them that sit between glass and bolt. Water gets under the flat metal trim that hides the bolts and leaches in and drips off the plastic trim piece that the blind screws into.

Back