ddfc0032.jpg

My new Renault Sport 197

Introduction

Had my Audi for 6months but traded it in 2 weeks ago for a 58plate 197..
Debadged (clio badge), renault sport exhaust, painted callipers (not done fronts yet), new plates, renault sport steering wheel trim
Pics:

ddfc0032.jpg

4e4d68f2.jpg

d6bc7e86.jpg

58eae6e1.jpg

ad834c5a.jpg

c2061b50.jpg

4960907c.jpg

cac099bd.jpg

e8a66d69.jpg

d9f87f9e.jpg

15a3bcc2.jpg

caaab0d5.jpg
Reactions: maverick1508
Nice choice of car :D Absolutely love these. I keep promising myself I will have one when im slightly older. :rolleyes:

How are you finding it in comparison to the A3 or Stilo? Obviously a lot more nimble and fun than both I take it?

The car seems nicely speced, missing Recaros though. :yum:

I take it you are on the good Renault forums? :D

Nice choice of car :D Absolutely love these. I keep promising myself I will have one when im slightly older. :rolleyes:

How are you finding it in comparison to the A3 or Stilo? Obviously a lot more nimble and fun than both I take it?

The car seems nicely speced, missing Recaros though. :yum:

I take it you are on the good Renault forums? :D

thanks mate, I love it,
im 23 now so insurance isn't too bad, even with all my points lol.

Its no comparison to the stilo realy lol, that was low slow and loud.

the audi however, 197 feels quicker, definately around the twisties. (even in straight lines) but that might just be because it's so light. and the audi was probs 80bhp more!

Spec is perfect, like you say the only downside is the Recaro's :( but can't have everything haha.
I can get the Cup suspension pack for a couple of hundred quid, but don't think its noticeable.

thanks mate, I love it,
im 23 now so insurance isn't too bad, even with all my points lol.

Its no comparison to the stilo realy lol, that was low slow and loud.

the audi however, 197 feels quicker, definately around the twisties. (even in straight lines) but that might just be because it's so light. and the audi was probs 80bhp more!

Spec is perfect, like you say the only downside is the Recaro's :( but can't have everything haha.
I can get the Cup suspension pack for a couple of hundred quid, but don't think its noticeable.

I can tell you this now, Renault Sports are pretty awesome from what I have heard, the only way of improving is by coilovers/high grip tyres/uprated brakes. All make it more fun obviously. (y)

I got a quote on a 172 and it was 1,300 for me a year. So if I can find one cheap ish I may invest in it :D at 23 though, im sure it's a nice car.

What are your thoughts on the albi blue? Most people say it doesn't look great in pictures but looks miles better in person?

Eibach springs are the ones the cup come with? shouldn't be too much for a slight upgrade (y)

EDIT - get yourself signed up and registered to - www.cliosport.net
People on there are great, you get the occasional idiot but it's a great laugh sometimes. :)

Last edited:
I can tell you this now, Renault Sports are pretty awesome from what I have heard, the only way of improving is by coilovers/high grip tyres/uprated brakes. All make it more fun obviously. (y)

I got a quote on a 172 and it was 1,300 for me a year. So if I can find one cheap ish I may invest in it :D at 23 though, im sure it's a nice car.

What are your thoughts on the albi blue? Most people say it doesn't look great in pictures but looks miles better in person?

Eibach springs are the ones the cup come with? shouldn't be too much for a slight upgrade (y)

EDIT - get yourself signed up and registered to - www.cliosport.net
People on there are great, you get the occasional idiot but it's a great laugh sometimes. :)

i pay £1000 to insure this, with 9points.
not sure the brembo 4 pots need much uprating, it stops in an instant!

i agree on the albi blue, it looks so so good in person, almost like it has a pearl top coat, its like a purple shine, hard to explain. the colour is definately what makes it for me.

im on clio197.net, but think i'll get myself on clio sport too

my cousin has one of these in 'ultra blue' if you ask me its baby blue haha, anyway love these cars i keep asking for a drive but the answer is always no :(

im 23 now so insurance isn't too bad, even with all my points lol. i pay £1000 to insure this, with 9points.

Hi there Coyle

Nice looking motor by the way and it is one of the best road handling cars that money can buy, the clio eats corners and some :D my friend has a 172 sport and sure that thing is quick lol.

If you do not mind me asking, who are you insured with? I have had some problems trying to insure my Schumacher at fully comp and I am 25 and have 5 years no claims and I cant seem to get any where near your quotes for a fully comp insurance policy?? Maybe its juts me lol

Give sky insurance who are traders on here a call. I have 3 points an accident and 3 NCB. all mods declared and like for like replacement. £840.

Back