Photo0121.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) my new punto MK2 :D

Introduction

well only a few days after my crash and im back on the road with this beauty :cool:

01 Mk2 punto
103k miles on her
7 owners, im now the 8th and all women :yuck:

engine is spotless and runs like the day it came out of the factory
all that needs doing is rocker cover gasket

bog standard apart from the Abarth sideskirts :cool:

no plans to do anything apart from fix up my other wheels and spray gunmetal gray and paint calipers and drums
no need to tint it as my other windows are a straight fit and are in perfect nick, just need to get the back window tinted and sunstrip and leave it at that (y)
and my hid's still work so there going back in too
only need to change drivers side headlight...have a perfect one though :worship:
56.4 mpg (y)
got a good deal too...advertised for €1250 and got it for €850 with NCT until april 2013 (y)
let me know what ya's think

Photo0121.jpg

Photo01221.jpg
Reactions: speedy01 and Joshhh
Ah there's your problem... 6000K HIDs are much better. Dad had 8000Ks on his old Ducato, light was good but not great. Yellows cut the eyes off everyone, used to have a set on the Seicento :devil:

might get 6k bulbs for low beam and yellow fogs ( in clusters ) and yellow hi beams?

Twas told that yellows are legal... For dips and fogs :eek:

Where did you get those HID's? I have em and they're the best thing ever on a set of polys :worship:

I wasnt very sober when I post on this the last time. :eek:

Ya, your right. I was reading it worng, Its yellow high beams thats illegal. Isnt it?

I wasnt very sober when I post on this the last time. :eek:

Ya, your right. I was reading it worng, Its yellow high beams thats illegal. Isnt it?

fully legal (y)

taken from here -->http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1963/en/si/0189.html#zzsi189y1963a11

PART II. OBLIGATORY LIGHTING OF MECHANICALLY PROPELLED VEHICLES (EXCEPT CYCLES AND INVALID CARRIAGES) AND TRAILERS.
11. (1) Head lamps, in the case of a vehicle to which this Part of these Regulations applies, shall consist of two or four lamps fitted to the vehicle and shall comply with the provisions of this article.

(2) The colour of the light shown by the lamps shall be white or yellow but all lamps shall as nearly as possible show light of the same colour.

(3) The lamps shall, when lit, be capable of adequately illuminating the road for a distance of 325 feet in front of the vehicle at night time in clear weather.

only reason i could get hassled by the boys in blue is because i'd stand out, nothing they can do though :cool:

Pics pics pics :p

as my last posts, im going all yellow (y) fog, low and hi beams :D

my car will be called the bumblebee :p

Remember now, I more or less deal mainly with Bravos :cool:

But some pics as requested

So here was my old car
Image01091.jpg

Lit up
Image01101.jpg

At night with yellow full beams
20653_104239042928886_457670_n.jpg

I had to rob that from Facebonk and re upload that!

These days I still use the yellow foglight setup, but only one. I use a blank cover and some ducting for the air intake :)
Image1949.jpg

It works though, even if a bit useless! :p
Image1920.jpg

Remember now, I more or less deal mainly with Bravos :cool:

But some pics as requested

So here was my old car
Image01091.jpg

Lit up
Image01101.jpg

At night with yellow full beams
20653_104239042928886_457670_n.jpg

I had to rob that from Facebonk and re upload that!

These days I still use the yellow foglight setup, but only one. I use a blank cover and some ducting for the air intake :)
Image1949.jpg

It works though, even if a bit useless! :p
Image1920.jpg

looks good :worship:
what was the yellow hi beams like compare to standard bulbs?
what bulbs did u use ?

looks good :worship:
what was the yellow hi beams like compare to standard bulbs?
what bulbs did u use ?

I'm fairly bold with bulbs :devil: the yellows outperformed the HID's and everything else!!! :worship:

My high beams, both the 8000k and the 3500k imitation bulbs are 100w double relayed xenons. Serious lighting power :devil: offroad, of course... ;)

I'm fairly bold with bulbs :devil: the yellows outperformed the HID's and everything else!!! :worship:

My high beams, both the 8000k and the 3500k imitation bulbs are 100w double relayed xenons. Serious lighting power :devil: offroad, of course... ;)

would i be better off looking for 3.5k HID bulbs to replace my 8k ?
or just go back to halogens altogether

i stuck a set of yellow bulbs into my ma's '95 polo and went for a drive, light wasnt great :/ could be better in projectors though?

would i be better off looking for 3.5k HID bulbs to replace my 8k ?
or just go back to halogens altogether

i stuck a set of yellow bulbs into my ma's '95 polo and went for a drive, light wasnt great :/ could be better in projectors though?

Polos with yellows are excellent :worship:

Heres one I made earlier :cool:

Yellows in general make anything look good :cool:

Actually, that Sei looks cool in general without any powerful bulbs or cosmetic enhancement :D

If I were you, I'd test out different bulbs first. Try 6000k HIDs, that's what I use, I find them to be very good at night with the projectors :)

Polos with yellows are excellent :worship:

Heres one I made earlier :cool:

Yellows in general make anything look good :cool:

Actually, that Sei looks cool in general without any powerful bulbs or cosmetic enhancement :D

If I were you, I'd test out different bulbs first. Try 6000k HIDs, that's what I use, I find them to be very good at night with the projectors :)

how did you do that to the bulbs?
and ah i'd like a change so might go all yellow (y)
better for night driving in bad weather :worship:

I bought those bulbs years ago but you can get them on ebay :)

Try them first, see how they are for you.

Yellows really shine in the fog (y)

(y)
i normally use Michiba 3000k halogen bulbs
had them in bikes and all and there brill, there in the polo now

i just dont know what they'll be like in projectors

ok so yesterday i bought a spoiler, i think its off a HGT punto because it has screws that are supposed to go through the glass that my punto doesnt have
i only plan on using the small piece ( without the light ) as it looks too big?
needs to be painted though
he also through in some lexarse lights, i actually quite like them so put them on the car.. they are the blacked out ones so not very noticeable like the silver ones
i have a thread up on how to stick on the spoiler here ..... https://www.fiatforum.com/punto-ii/302510-hgt-spoiler-onto-mk2.html?p=3037745
not bad for €30 (y)
lights are same as these ones http://www.vsukonline.co.uk/shopimages/products/extras/FI23L69S-CAR.jpg
im only going to use them for a while and then put them up for sale
i only have a night pic of the lexus lights and my blue reg lights, looks cool :cool:
will put up a daytime pic tomorow (y)

Attachments

• IMG_0105[1].JPG
    IMG_0105[1].JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0106[2].JPG
    IMG_0106[2].JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0107[2].JPG
    IMG_0107[2].JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Not really an update

got the timing belt and waterpump done last week
and today i got bored so found the old badge off my crashed punto pulled it apart, sanded away the blue and painted it black, so now its silver FIAT on a black back, i like it and cost nothin :D couple of little runs on the letters but cant notice them

will put it on tomorow and post a pic

Attachments

• IMG_0122[1].JPG
    IMG_0122[1].JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 33
not an update, just thought i'd bump er up as haven't posted in a while

all thats changed is

6k low beam HID's
1 8k HID hi beam and 1 normal hi beam bulb ( looks cool )

going to need an engine rebuild very soon as its burning oil very bad, plan on getting compression tests done first though

other than that its going great, driving brilliantly and hasnt let me down at all

could do with a wash and wheels tracked thats bout it :)

Back