Photo0121.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) my new punto MK2 :D

Introduction

well only a few days after my crash and im back on the road with this beauty :cool:

01 Mk2 punto
103k miles on her
7 owners, im now the 8th and all women :yuck:

engine is spotless and runs like the day it came out of the factory
all that needs doing is rocker cover gasket

bog standard apart from the Abarth sideskirts :cool:

no plans to do anything apart from fix up my other wheels and spray gunmetal gray and paint calipers and drums
no need to tint it as my other windows are a straight fit and are in perfect nick, just need to get the back window tinted and sunstrip and leave it at that (y)
and my hid's still work so there going back in too
only need to change drivers side headlight...have a perfect one though :worship:
56.4 mpg (y)
got a good deal too...advertised for €1250 and got it for €850 with NCT until april 2013 (y)
let me know what ya's think

Photo0121.jpg

Photo01221.jpg
Reactions: speedy01 and Joshhh
went down to wicklow for a DTDIRL car meet and stopped off with my mate for a few pics before joining up with all the other honda's and all :p

Fair to say, the punto looks the best :D :p
half my pics half his (y)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 40
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    312.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 37
^ Yup that....

Have you any pictures of the meet itself?

Also, that fiesta looks farely "standard" to me....

na no pics, was a bad turnout tbh
was only a glanza, DC5 type R , mini cooper with 230bhp :cool: , standard 08 mondeo and a very very loud type r DC2 oh and 3 garda cars :p

as for the fiesta, yep bog standard bar 8k hids and german pressed plates :p

Lovely to see you back to your old ways Jamie (y)
Loving the Punto, i agree with BANG TIDY, a splitter would look banging, i've been looking for a Stilo/Laguna splitter myself but, well, yeah. Been a expensive month :(
Whack that on and lower it (y)

Punto, HID's, Talking about future mods. Not to be rude but you got back on the horse you fell off, if you catch my drift (y)

ooooh (y)
im thinking of replacing the hid's with yellow bulbs instead :confused:
yellow fogs, hi beams and low beams?

Hid's give terrible light (n)
last night it was foggy and lashing rain, couldnt see a thing (n)

ooooh (y)

Jesus, that bad? Surely HID's would be clearer than Yellow fogs? (Saying that, im no expert on HIDs, every time i mention them about my car, i instantly get shot down (n))

Jesus, that bad? Surely HID's would be clearer than Yellow fogs? (Saying that, im no expert on HIDs, every time i mention them about my car, i instantly get shot down (n))

nope, HID's dont give any light in wet weather,
hard to put it but its like the light just bounces off the road instead of lighting it up if ya get me

where as yellow, will light up the road better in wet conditions as it wont reflect back as much

hard to put it tbh :bang:

i had yellow headlights on a motorbike before and it was the best thing i ever done 1. looked cool and 2. i stood out from everything else on the roads (y)

see here -> yellow seems to like stick to the road where as the HID's bounce off it http://blog.onexhid.com/wp-content/...10-h11-9006-9004-880-fog-light-kit-yellow.jpg

nope, HID's dont give any light in wet weather,
hard to put it but its like the light just bounces off the road instead of lighting it up if ya get me

where as yellow, will light up the road better in wet conditions as it wont reflect back as much

hard to put it tbh :bang:

i had yellow headlights on a motorbike before and it was the best thing i ever done 1. looked cool and 2. i stood out from everything else on the roads (y)

see here -> yellow seems to like stick to the road where as the HID's bounce off it http://blog.onexhid.com/wp-content/...10-h11-9006-9004-880-fog-light-kit-yellow.jpg

I understand where you're coming from mate don't worry (y)
I do agree, the yellow does look pretty good. When it comes to down to it, safety over style every time mate. So just going to get some Yellow bulbs from Halfords/eBay?
and also, im so green about those Abarth Sideskirts mate :p

I understand where you're coming from mate don't worry (y)
I do agree, the yellow does look pretty good. When it comes to down to it, safety over style every time mate. So just going to get some Yellow bulbs from Halfords/eBay?
and also, im so green about those Abarth Sideskirts mate :p

no i'll get the from my local car mod shop ;)
proper japanese yellow :cool:
JDM ..... naaaa IDM for the win :p:p

ooooh (y)

Them "yellow" bulbs are an instant N.C.T fail and are illegal, I not sure about the fogs. But if you have them HIDs with the slight "blue" shade, there legal.

Them "yellow" bulbs are an instant N.C.T fail and are illegal, I not sure about the fogs. But if you have them HIDs with the slight "blue" shade, there legal.

cant be?
old french cars had them standard

lights which are yellow or white in color are fine?

anyway it only a simple bulb swap (y)

Back