General My new Panda 4x4!

Currently reading:
General My new Panda 4x4!

Kalli

Hi everyone

Introducing my new Panda 4x4 TwinAir - Fabio di Fiat!:) I collected it from the dealer on Monday and thought I'd share a few of my first impressions.

I love the high driving position. Initially I thought the seat wasn't high enough (I don't have any options fitted as I would have had to wait till at least January for a factory-ordered car) but once I'd remembered to adjust the steering wheel down it was fine ( so no booster cushion required!) I do think it's pretty outrageous that height-adjustable driver's seat isn't standard though. On another height-related issue I find the pedals to be set quite far back - I have to have the seat quite close to the steering wheel to reach them. It's just about an acceptable position but closer than I've had to be in other cars.

The gears are going to take some getting used to. I'm roughly using the dashboard prompt to change gear but it doesn't feel quite right. I think I'll have to live with the car for longer to find out how to get the best out of it. Have found it surprisingly nippy though (relatively speaking, of course!) - I managed to overtake various cars/coaches/tractors with ease on the lengthy drive back from the dealership (but perhaps shouldn't have been driving a new car quite so briskly!)

There is noticeable roll on cornering but no more than I expected for a car of this height. The road surfaces here are rubbish, full of potholes, but no problem for this little car!

I'm not keen on the orange backlighting on the dash, and really dislike the way too overbright full-beam indicator light. There's very little streetlighting here so pretty much all night driving is done on full-beam. So far I've found myself driving with my left hand in an awkward position to try and block the laser-like light, but would like to find a better solution - sticking something over it, perhaps? Any suggestions gratefully received!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 116
Last edited:
I agree, that main beam dashboard light is blindingly bright!

She said it was a TA.
And I agree with her that the height adjustable seat should be standard at this price.

So should a satnav.

Back