Panda 1.jpg

Panda 2012+ My new Panda 4x4

Introduction

Here are a couple of photos of my new Panda 4x4 TA.

It is in the Mediterranean Bluewhich suits it quite well but does show up the dirt. On the extras I got the rear privacy glass which is great for my son in the back instead of using sun shades. Also got the 'Winter Pack' which included heated windscreen and heated seats (which are just odd). Got the three seats in the rear with the 60/40 split which is cosy when there is a car seat on one of them but I'm in the front so I don't mind :) Didn't get the spacesaver tyre and instead have the filling kit, but plumbed for the flex pack which meant it has the cargo tray in the boot.

Only thing that confused me was that the trip computer B had more miles on it than the official odometer, but then I read that the garage can reset the odometer but they hadn't reset the trip.

Just love it.

It is in the Mediterranean Bluewhich suits it quite well but does show up the dirt. On the extras I got the rear privacy glass which is great for my son in the back instead of using sun shades. Also got the 'Winter Pack' which included heated windscreen and heated seats (which are just odd). Got the three seats in the rear with the 60/40 split which is cosy when there is a car seat on one of them but I'm in the front so I don't mind :) Didn't get the spacesaver tyre and instead have the filling kit, but plumbed for the flex pack which meant it has the cargo tray in the boot.

Only thing that confused me was that the trip computer B had more miles on it than the official odometer, but then I read that the garage can reset the odometer but they hadn't reset the trip.

Just love it.

Looks very smart. I've only seen the blue once on a 4x4 and it was on a transporter on it's way to the dealer. Looked nicer in the flesh than on the online configurator.

Having seen that one, I'd have considered it as an alternative to my very bright orange one (which still makes me smile when I look at it) as it gives it a smart, upmarket look.

Hope you enjoy it.

Excellent (y)

Very pleased to see another Mediterranean Blue Panda at last!

Quite a different spec. from mine, but glad to see you also opted for the tinted rear glass as I think this works well on the Panda.

My wife actually chose the colour of ours, largely I suspect so that it matches her X3 in the drive...

Be prepared for lots of admiring glances and comments as in experience the 4x4 Panda brings out the sunny-side in folk. It's a happy, chunky unthreatening little car :)

My wife chose the colour of mine too :) I quite fancied the green but she said no way! There wasn't a car in that colour so we just took a risk and ordered it. Think it paid off quite well. Does look rather smart. I just wish I'd gone for the leather steering wheel but it wasn't offered at the time so basically forgot about it.

Re he colour - for us it was less of a risk as they had a regular Panda on their forecourt in the Med Blue. Otherwise it was going to be the green. I'd have liked the white or orange, but the white turned out to be 'too white' (I think they should have lifted it in some way) and the Mrs said no to orange :mad:

The only problem with the blue is that you get no choice of interior colour. I do happen to like FIAT's choice when you see it in the flesh, though it looked pretty nondescript in the configurator.

:)

Just love it.

Agree with your comment about dark blue & dirt! Our alfa GT looks grubby 10 mins after cleaning! The other snag is that it shows every scratch.... :mad:

Re he colour - for us it was less of a risk as they had a regular Panda on their forecourt in the Med Blue. Otherwise it was going to be the green. I'd have liked the white or orange, but the white turned out to be 'too white' (I think they should have lifted it in some way) and the Mrs said no to orange :mad:

The only problem with the blue is that you get no choice of interior colour. I do happen to like FIAT's choice when you see it in the flesh, though it looked pretty nondescript in the configurator.

Yep, the white they picked for the panda is way to 'van white'. 500 white might have been my choice, but very very happy with orange.....instantly visible at tesco in the sea of grey in the carpark! :D

You're right about the configurator, it made it quite tricky to really get a good look at all the options. Shame you could zoom in etc to check it all over. I also had the problem that mine is a company car, so I had no interaction with the dealer. I wanted a heated windscreen as its a god send on icy mornings when you're on call, but that would only come with the heated seats. Its quite funny to just turn them on for an unsuspecting passenger and see how long it takes them to realise :D But the Flex pack was a good option with everything included. Its paid off though, cracking little vehicle. I've had bigger 4x4's in the past including LandRover's and Vitara's, but this just feels far better at the minute.

You're right about the configurator, it made it quite tricky to really get a good look at all the options. Shame you could zoom in etc to check it all over. I also had the problem that mine is a company car, so I had no interaction with the dealer. I wanted a heated windscreen as its a god send on icy mornings when you're on call, but that would only come with the heated seats. Its quite funny to just turn them on for an unsuspecting passenger and see how long it takes them to realise :D But the Flex pack was a good option with everything included. Its paid off though, cracking little vehicle. I've had bigger 4x4's in the past including LandRover's and Vitara's, but this just feels far better at the minute.

Panda - The best 4x4xfar! LoL

Back