My new look car

Currently reading:
My new look car

Got the wheels and springs fitted today :)

The wrong rear disc had been ordered so it wasn't fitted. :(

But I'm not happy :( :(

Why......??

Attachments

• 100_0358 (Small).jpg
    100_0358 (Small).jpg
    74 KB · Views: 58
  • 100_0359 (Small).jpg
    100_0359 (Small).jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 100_0360 (Small).jpg
    100_0360 (Small).jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 63
....Because on the way home the bonnet popped. :bang: :mad:

Guess what my first call in the morning will be.

Attachments

• 100_0361 (Small).jpg
    100_0361 (Small).jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 100_0362 (Small).jpg
    100_0362 (Small).jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 100_0363 (Small).jpg
    100_0363 (Small).jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 100_0364 (Small).jpg
    100_0364 (Small).jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 100_0365 (Small).jpg
    100_0365 (Small).jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 45
punto_jr_sx75 said:
Thats such a shame. If they wont pay out, i can get you a bonnet sprayed to match your for under £100. The car looks amazing as well, gorgeous colour, nice alloys. I really hope that it doesnt come down to insurance saying its a write off which i imagine they will. :(

Jordan

I may take you up on that offer, i'll wait and see what the mafia has to say. If I can't get the new screen to fit then it will be a write off. I was just about to get to 4 years no claims as well :(

The dents may push out from inside but if the windscreen crunches while they are beign pushes that means teh top of the A pillars (front corners of the roof rather) are bent past proper repair. They are slightly structural as its more so to do with screen being in holding the front of the car together rigidly. Polecat - if you manage to pop them out succesfully without hearing the screen crack then i wouldnt class it as a write off. I would get as many people as you can inside to lift at the same time on each individual dent including the sunroof (if you have to fix it yourself) but even if yo are lucky and everythign goes back together, you may end up with a leaky sunroof and front screen (unless its fitted professianlly with lots of tiger seal) how are the hine mounts in teh bay? i woudlnt worry too mucha about tehm as a chock of wood smacked on tehm will send them back usualy but its somethign extra to think about if they are :( What a shame

Jordan

I havent had a good look at the hinges yet. The trim is pulled up at the front so its likely that the bonnet stops have pulled through. Nothing there thats not fixable though.
Getting a seal on the sunroof may mean I have to seal it shut. Its just a pain dropping all the trim.
I'm getting Autoglass to look at the screen, that will be the decider on whether it can be saved.
The A pillars and front roof line looks ok, but it's difficult to say for sure.

Last edited:
The bonnet came open and wrapped around the roof after trashing itself and the windscreen. There is actually a semi circular crease in the bonnet where it pressed the aerial into the roof.
Why. I had driven about 20 miles from a garage that had had the bonnet open. Any guesses?

Back