Off Topic My new JVC double din headunit

Currently reading:
Off Topic My new JVC double din headunit

As I'm keeping the Stilo I thought I would treat the old girl to a new headunit, so here it is :D

My old Pioneer is in the classifieds section.

Phil

Attachments

• 2013-11-16-174.jpg
    2013-11-16-174.jpg
    406.7 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
nice!! I really like these. As you say, they are quite in keeping with the original concept - big volume control!

how is it then, sound good?

Yes it sounds excellent even with the standard speakers and turned up quite loud :D The blue illuminations look nice in the dark!

Are you getting the touchscreen one you showed me Clive? I would have loved one but unfortunately couldn't stretch to one. However I am more than happy with this bad boy!!!!! :)

Phil

im considering the touchscreen for next year BUT, the one you have was my other choice as I feel they are perfect for the Stilo. It sounds daft, but I really like the big central button on the stilo stereo, I used to have a nice sony head unit that was similar in design.

one problem I have, is I have to get an adapter to make any new headunit work with my steering wheel controls :/

I had the headunit fitted by Source Sounds in Sheffied. They wired it up properly so now it turns on and off with the ignition. Thats something Halfords couldn't manage when they fitted my Pioneer unit and it took them 3 attempts to get it right. It kept going off and coming back on due to a bad connection then eventually blew a fuse :rolleyes:

So a big (y) up for Source Sounds and not for Halfords!

Phil

Last edited:
I had the headunit fitted by Source Sounds in Sheffied. They wired it up properly so now it turns on and off with the ignition. Thats something Halfords couldn't manage when they fitted my Pioneer unit and it took them 3 attempts to get it right. It kept going off and coming back on due to a bad connection then eventually blew a fuse :rolleyes:

So a big (y) up for Source Sounds and not for Halfords!

Phil

ill look them up - though I prefer to do these jobs myself!

hi, i have bought the same stereo, but when i attached everything together nothing happened. can you help me out?

You have to connect the Red wire to the spare yellow one. The red should be detachable and the spare yellow should be obvious.
Im in east Kent if you need a hand.
If your into touch screens then things like the Alpine IVA-W200 and IVA-W502 come up at around £150 or less on the bay every now and then.

only just seen this. iv sorted it thank you:), i didnt put them wires together :p. silly me

Back