General My New Fiat Punto Grande Failed MOT

Currently reading:
General My New Fiat Punto Grande Failed MOT

Status
Not open for further replies.
right, went down today and signed the papers, took it for a drive and im picking my new 56 reg up on thursday:D :D :D :slayer: :slayer:

rob19791 said:
right, went down today and signed the papers, took it for a drive and im picking my new 56 reg up on thursday:D :D :D :slayer: :slayer:

And in the meanwhile they fit al the faulty parts of your old car on the new one.:D

But seriously, good for you and good luck with you new car!(y)

diablo_NL said:
And in the meanwhile they fit al the faulty parts of your old car on the new one.:D

But seriously, good for you and good luck with you new car!(y)

lol, maybe lol

Cheers

mmm.... 4 weeks down the line

new door handle and locking mechanism
new clutch needed...on order
loose panels inside the car

oh what fun...should have sued them lol

No doubt this is only the beginning again

And I thought I was being fussy, trying to get my dealer to get me a new dashboard vent (which has been on backorder for 6 months!). I have had a few niggles (got the roof resprayed, and left hand pannels taken off and put on straight!) on my car, because I am meticulously fussy, and it MUST be perfect! But man, what have you done to those lovely people in Turin that are building your cars??

Funnily enough, my car was at the dealers to get its roof resprayed the week before last when the drivers door latch broke. Apparently it's a known problem and there is a modded linkage available, so they ordered one, hoping it would arrive before I was expecting to collect my car... but it didn't and they had to 'fess up! Next problem... car was ready on Saturday, they phone me following Tuesday and say "You did know your car is ready?"

But, do you know what? I love my car, and the problems have been inconveniences. I always get a courtesy car (old shape Punto, I love 'em but they make me appreciate my car more!) and the service staff are really friendly.

rob19791 said:
mmm.... 4 weeks down the line

new door handle and locking mechanism
new clutch needed...on order
loose panels inside the car

oh what fun...should have sued them lol

No doubt this is only the beginning again

i wish i was surprised :rolleyes:

Sporty Sporting said:
And I thought I was being fussy, trying to get my dealer to get me a new dashboard vent (which has been on backorder for 6 months!). I have had a few niggles (got the roof resprayed, and left hand pannels taken off and put on straight!) on my car, because I am meticulously fussy, and it MUST be perfect! But man, what have you done to those lovely people in Turin that are building your cars??

Funnily enough, my car was at the dealers to get its roof resprayed the week before last when the drivers door latch broke. Apparently it's a known problem and there is a modded linkage available, so they ordered one, hoping it would arrive before I was expecting to collect my car... but it didn't and they had to 'fess up! Next problem... car was ready on Saturday, they phone me following Tuesday and say "You did know your car is ready?"

But, do you know what? I love my car, and the problems have been inconveniences. I always get a courtesy car (old shape Punto, I love 'em but they make me appreciate my car more!) and the service staff are really friendly.

Not linkage its new lock assembly.

Whats wrong with vent?

T14086 said:
Not linkage its new lock assembly.

Whats wrong with vent?

The little slider doesn't slide the fins. If I can remember then I can set them with a lolly stick so they don't blow in my face, but they eventually rattle themselves so that they blow straight into my eyes.

I'd just like to add my penny...

First of all Rob, as with anything you buy. One tends to buy something with good faith trusting it's built to the best of the makers abilities and when it's not it's always upsetting. For a product you're going to end up paying a vast sum of money for it makes it extremely distressing when it's not working as it should.

Well done on obtaining a replacement car, also well done for actually challenging a dealer and standing up for your rights as they're there to be used and protect the consumer.

I understand that the Grande Punto is a new model, with said teething problems. Such problems occur yes, but it's how they're fixed and in the amount of time they're fixed without it causing undue inconvenience to the customer which matters. Which brings me along to to my final point on Rob's case, an old adage which goes "The customer is, always right".

Good luck with getting your new things fixed, and good luck everybody with your own cars.
:eek:

I duno what exactly is wrong with the clutch.
I took the car in the other day because it shudders in first, second and reverse....like its going to fall apart shuddering.
Took it to the dealer to have the door lock thing replaced and they said i needed a new clutch....which they have put on order.
They have to get it authorised by fiat for some reson....so im still waiting for them to get an answer back.....fact is it needs a new clutch with 700 miles on the clock so i dont care if glyn hopkin dont get paid for the clutch.
They are going to get a phone call first thing 2moro, and im going to tell them straight....ive had all this ****e before and im not going through it all again...fix it!
One more problem with the car then im suing them...simple as that.
I dont want to get rid of the car...i like it...thats why i went for a replacement but i will sue them for all the inconvenience they have caused me and i want a reduction on the price of the car....say £2000 off the price....to reflect the quality of the vehicle.
Well thats my rant for today. Hopefully this is the LAST problem i have with the car.... not very optomistic though lol.

T14086 said:
LOL :D

Sorry but had to laugh.....any guess on this weeks lottery numbers then ;)

6, 35, 22, 8, 45, 12

If you win i want half lol

Fiat uk are looking at my car on 7th November to decide if they will pay for the new clutch....lol.
I cant see how they can tell the dealership that they wont....900 miles on the clock!
I tell you what....when my finance is finished.....i wont be buying a fiat again. 3 cars and they have all been dodgy.

Ive found 2 more things....suprise suprise.
Glove box is mis aligned...and the passenger electric window (cover thing) pulls straight out to expose the wires lol.
Love the build quality.

At least my steering racks ok on this one....for now lol

rob19791 said:
lol you recon do ya

i tell you what if there were 100 cars that were fine and 1 that was a lemon then id pick that 1....sods law!

You may indded have picked a lemon again, but i'm sure it'll be fine once you peel the rind off it:D

If i were you I get a good pair of hiking boots

They took my car off today to be looked at by a Fiat Uk guy.... to authorise the new clutch to be fitted. Been trying to get hold of them today to find out whats going on???
NADA

I wish they would return my calls, i phoned earlier and the guy i spoke to couldnt wait to get me off the phone, never even got the chance to ask him if they had fixed the other problems with it.?

Oh and i forgot to ask if my car had that knee plate....or whether it would have to go back again to have it fitted.

I bet people think i work for fiat, the amount of times ive had a courtesy car lol :woot:

Right then, got contadicting information from fiat uk and the dealer....dealer said clutch needed swapping....fiat uk sent someone down and says it doesnt????

I had a really strange noise yesterday as i parked it.
I was parallel parking and as i turned the wheel left and give it some revs it sounded as though a boat had just pulled up next to me????
Like a droan....strange....any ideas????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back