General My New Fiat Punto Grande Failed MOT

Currently reading:
General My New Fiat Punto Grande Failed MOT

Status
Not open for further replies.
HornetUK said:
Nearly 9pm and no word.......Robs been kidnapped by the dealer :)

yes and mybe they took him to the factory in italy to see how fiat are made. I think he would be surprised

Na not kidnapped or taken on an excursion :D
dealership have agreed to swap my car!!!!!:D :D :D (y)
They are going to get me a like for like. They are also going to get me a grande punto as a courtesy car instead of the panda that i have.
Just have to wait to get me new car now.

Great News Rob. :) If at first you dont suceed and all that..........

The law was always on your side mate and I am glad the dealer has agreed to give you a new car. Shame it is always such a lot of aggro :mad: to get things done.

Well done Rob

Cheers!!!!!!:D
Dont see why they couldnt have dont this 3 weeks ago when i asked....probably hoping i was calling their bluff:)
Their not going to register the car until i have taken it out, and so has my mechanic. So that i am totally happy with it.
Im as happy as pig in sh**!!:D

rob19791 said:
They are also going to get me a grande punto as a courtesy car instead of the panda that i have.
Never mind :p. You could perhaps get the dealer to give you a Panda and cash in exchange :devil:
H

hmallett said:
Never mind :p. You could perhaps get the dealer to give you a Panda and cash in exchange :devil:
H

ROFL that would mean £9,000 refund and a packet of crisps then eh lol

Sorry but I am not a fan of the Panda it looks like Postman Pat's car and for a person who wants any street cred it has got to be really embarrasing lol

Mind you I guess even a Panda is better than nothinng lol

Sorry to all Panda owners I know a lot of people do like them:)

rob19791 said:
Cheers!!!!!!:D
Dont see why they couldnt have dont this 3 weeks ago when i asked....probably hoping i was calling their bluff:)
Their not going to register the car until i have taken it out, and so has my mechanic. So that i am totally happy with it.
Im as happy as pig in sh**!!:D

Excellent work :). Its good to let them know they can't walk all over consumers and sell substandard cars!.

ChrisUK said:
Excellent work :). Its good to let them know they can't walk all over consumers and sell substandard cars!.

Yes it is and the silly thing is the Law is there to protect the consumer and the Big Dealers think people will not use it. It all good though that no court action was needed. It's a shame the dealers mess people about though:mad:

sf153 said:
Yes it is and the silly thing is the Law is there to protect the consumer and the Big Dealers think people will not use it. It all good though that no court action was needed. It's a shame the dealers mess people about though:mad:

This thread has reminded me to get some annoying niggles fixed on mine
icon11.gif
. Ive got a creak from the rear quarter when I reverse to the left on a bank. A Thud when I do a full power start from 1st to second as if the gear box is trying to jump off its mountings. A rattle from the drivers side door / dash which is random. And my glove box doesn't line up... apart from that its been perfect :).

ChrisUK said:
This thread has reminded me to get some annoying niggles fixed on mine
icon11.gif
. Ive got a creak from the rear quarter when I reverse to the left on a bank. A Thud when I do a full power start from 1st to second as if the gear box is trying to jump off its mountings. A rattle from the drivers side door / dash which is random. And my glove box doesn't line up... apart from that its been perfect :).
Don't delay do it today!!! lol How long you had your car?

Got a phone call from the dealership today, new car is on order and will be delivered to the dealership in 10-14 days!!!! RESULT
Means i get a 56 reg (y)

sf153 said:
Sorry but I am not a fan of the Panda it looks like Postman Pat's car and for a person who wants any street cred it has got to be really embarrasing lol
At least it works! :p
H

ChrisUK said:
Ive had mine about 8-9 weeks now. Going to go book it in tonight on the way home.

Great Idea. Hopefully they will be able to sort any problems you have. :)

I was thinking about trading my Stilo in sometime for a 1.9 MJET Sporting before reading this thread . . .

. . . and I still am :D. Yeah new cars have their issues, my Stilo had a recall done for a steering rack when it was 2.5yrs old, as long as the car is safe and it gets done I'm not too bothered.

Hope the new car doesn't give you any trouble Rob :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back