Technical my new fiat 500 jerks and shudders at 1st gear

Currently reading:
Technical my new fiat 500 jerks and shudders at 1st gear

sen

Hi
I just got my fiat 500 1.2 cult (the sicilia orange one) two months ago and i have been driving for about 900km so far.
I found my fiat jerks and shudders at 1st gear from the day i bought it.
I read some posts and i knew it can jerk when gear shifting but my problem happens when i am driving at a very slow speed like 20km/h. no gear changes involved.

my driving style is: most of the time i drive on auto mode, and i try to loose accelerator a bit when gear shifts but i do not have any idea if i am doing it properly or not.
I drive like less than 10 km per day and I drive almost every day.

1. Sometimes i feel the car gets power and goes a bit powerful all of sudden at 1st gear. i did not push accelerator any harder.
2. Quite frequently (like 3~4 times while i'm driving 500 meters), when i drive at a low speed around the town, it jerks at 1st gear. i did not push accelerator any harder or softer.. i can feel myself forward and backward... I don't think my fiat jerks a lot when gear shifting and at high gear.
3. From last week, i can hear when the gear shifts and also when i use the break, i can hear the sound of scratching. (I did not wash the car for 2 months. Would it be the reason?)

This is my first car ever and i honestly have no knowledge of how car mechanism works.
Could you tell me if it is normal to have the above problems on fiat?

Thanks

Hi it sounds smooth when i start the engine.
Also i keep my gasoline around 1 bar~ full all the time. I didn't see any warning signs for coolant level.

Are the Japanese cars torque converter or robot/manual as the op operates in auto mode.
Don't try and make the gearbox change by changing the accelerator pedal position.

Scraping noise when braking could be surface rust-usually goes after a mile or so or may indicate worn pads/discs have a professional look at them if in doubt

Did you buy from a fiat dealer, you could ask for a drive in another 500 auto, and see how it behaves on the drive, or if you didn’t buy from a fiat dealer, could you book a test drive with one.

Back